Thread: I love Daggerfall more than Oblivion in the elder scrolls

I love Daggerfall more than Oblivion in the elder scrolls

While playing the elder scrolls, I noticed somewhat regarding myself while playing Daggerfall. I actually enjoyed the fundamental backgrounds which might be created by the game. I considered that this was an immense thing, for it that layed out my Argonian Ranger's backstory as if he lived within the Elder Scrolls universe. So I just want to know that what other people like in this game. Let’s have some discuss on this.

Re: I love Daggerfall more than Oblivion in the elder scrolls

I take it that you are new to Daggerfall? This can go one of two ways, as far as I can see. You can continue liking them and find using your imagination as an adequate substitute or you could do what I did. Eventually, you could realize just how bland and repetitive that randomly-generated gameworld is and have the newfound feeling of amazement wear off. I still imagine to fill up the gameworld's space when I play it, but it just isn't worth it, in my opinion.

I mudded it to my heart content to match my expectation to meet up with Daggerfall. Heck, I even view that Daggerfall offer alot more "unique game content" than what Vanilla Oblivion have in practically many part of the department, from the Guild System to lore to combat to fast travel to Main Quest to economic to even environment and atmosphere and etc.

It as well has less lore than Oblivion. Very little lore can be shown through Daggerfall's world and factions in comparison to Oblivion's and Daggerfall has about 90 books while Oblivion introduced about 140. Daggerfall is actually entirely randomly-generated. Oblivion's tree placement is randomly-generated, but the general terrain shape, towns, people, dungeons, locations, etc. are not. In Daggerfall, literally everything outside of main quest dungeons and a few palaces are randomly-generated. The armors and weapons are shaped exactly like others of similar types and are differentiated only by different colors.

It’s still very easily possible to prefer one game's system over another as I merely said the amount of said things were objective, but to claim Daggerfall has more unique content than Oblivion in it, regardless of which game's take on content you prefer, is false. For example, I prefer Oblivion's setting to Morrowind's, but objectively, I recognize Morrowind's as a more unique one. I cannot deny that is a less-used type of setting, and I don't have to like it because of that, but I do have to recognize that as true because it is true.

The Byzantine almost fill that part, but I would add that even in the Main Quest of Daggerfall, it offer all the politic, backstabbing, and the Orcs in such a fine matter. Such topic contributes to what happen and why it happens. The only thing I can get off from Oblivion's Main Quest is simply a Demonic Invasion and finding Sean Bean. The only thing I can get some unique lore form it is basically Kvatch was doom, the Blood of the Divines part, and the insane rambling of Mankar. I can view that even Shivering Isle have more content to the Main Quest than what Oblivion have to offer.

I do not agree with this. There are as a lot of regions within Cyrodiil as there were in Morrowind, for example (I can't speak about Daggerfall). In my opinion the difference between Vvardenfell and Cyrodiil is that Cyrodiil's regional differences were more subtle. Cyrodiil's regions aren't abrupt, color-coded, WoW-style "zones." They blend into one another with a great deal more taste and artistry than they did in Morrowind. The transition from flat swampland in southern Cyrodiil to hilly, deciduous woodlands in central Cyrodiil to snowy mountains in northern Cyrodiil (and rolling grasslands in Western Cyrodiil) was gradual and realistic. In my opinion Oblivion's game world is more "adult."

I do not agree with this. There are as a lot of regions within Cyrodiil as there were in Morrowind, for example (I can't speak about Daggerfall). In my opinion the difference between Vvardenfell and Cyrodiil is that Cyrodiil's regional differences were more subtle. Cyrodiil's regions aren't abrupt, color-coded, WoW-style "zones." They blend into one another with a great deal more taste and artistry than they did in Morrowind. The transition from flat swampland in southern Cyrodiil to hilly, deciduous woodlands in central Cyrodiil to snowy mountains in northern Cyrodiil (and rolling grasslands in Western Cyrodiil) was gradual and realistic. In my opinion Oblivion's game world is more "adult."