Thread: Mount&Blade With Fire & Sword: Economics post 1.141

Mount&Blade With Fire & Sword: Economics post 1.141

Seems the new patch distorted the way we deal with money, a lot. The caravan system has distorted and currently we can't send many things it looks. I don't know if the econ system will work also if you continue a game, because a few of the production is set up in the initialization routine which is run one time per game. Anybody knows how to make money post 1.141 now? Please let me know if anyone has any idea or any suggestion for this.

Re: Mount&Blade With Fire & Sword: Economics post 1.141

This transform was seriously significant because without a logical and honest economic system as a foundation, we have no way to scale income to the NPCs that follows the similar rules of the income of the player. Without having the similar scale for NPCs and players, the game will do irrational things that aggravate the player for instance NPC lords getting troops back even while they have no apparent income.

We have a logical economy running under the game system that crashes the player, towns, villages - we can bind that to NPC lord income, and from that construct a model that reflects the complete game surroundings in a logical cyclic way. Town/caravan/village/fortress income -> lord income -> troop maintenance / replenishment cost. If the player comprehends or divines this, they can then go later than precise town/caravan/village income and lower a lord/kingdom's ability to wage war in the long term. It may take a pair beats, but finally the AI will start losing money. It's not something the player HAS to do, but it's an alternative.

I have no thought if this was in fact the intention or something, but I just bought a few honey for 300 and sold it for 1500 XD. If the wealth would be coupled to lords, it would be good to be able to sneak into a town with a pair of men and burn down a few houses to reduce wealth. Anyhow the model you propose seems remarkable and as well a great way to carry more absconders on the map by killing all caravans and villages you see.

When I can't show to how well waging war next to the enemy's economy does or does not work, aristocracy armies do look to be very much exaggerated by their financial conditions. I am just over a month in, and it looks like the majority opponent commanders have somewhere around 90-130 soldiers (playing on tough); there are, however, two Polish leaders who just have around 30-35 men each - and neither of them owns any land.

I as well observed that the majority garrisons were quite small while I first started the game (< 100 men), but have grown quite a bit as then, which I consider is attached to the financial conditions in the resolution. Not certain what the higher limit there may end up being, but now it looks that the majority places have garrisons about the similar as what we're utilized to. While I have got a little over 20k thelars now, I have had a few difficulty finding good caravan trade routes up to now.