Thread: What is going to happen with Umbra in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

What is going to happen with Umbra in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

I'm wondering something’s about the Umbra. (If it’s in the Skyrim)

1. Where will you find it?
    2. What will happen once you find it?
    3. How will you get it once you find it?
    4. Will it be a longsword like in Oblivion, a claymoore like in Morrowind, or a different type of weapon?

I just know that it will turn into a spear or a crossbow! Not really but maybe a longsword again or a claymore maybe a battle or waraxe who knows. Anyone have any more idea on this? Please share with me if anyone finds anything about this.

Re: What is going to happen with Umbra in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

1. Probably an old ruin that's Nordic Style
    2. Size up the opponent, probably save before hand, talk to the NPC, and then Combat. If Umbra is too hard write down where he/she appeared and head back there when you’re at a higher level.
    3. Kill Umbra, although if Distinigration is in the game just spam that spell from a high up place and then pick up Umbra.
    4. One Handed Longsword Like Oblivion.

As for Umbra's race I'm thinking Imperial Male/Female this time around and just as hard as the Umbra in Morrowind, meaning you probably won't get this weapon before level 30 without exploit or dumb luck.

It will probe be a two handed axe given we are in Skyrim and it will be held by a nord. And umbra wants the dragon born soul. So once you reach a certain level this crazed nord will attack you. Once you kill him at take umbra you find it is really strong but every time you kill something it drains your health in an attempt to claim your soul. In oblivion I got that sword early on and never returned it so I had a great weightless sword the whole game which definitely helped in more ways than 1. I hope Skyrim will bring it back in similar fashion so I could use my trusty weightless sword again to slay dragons

Well umbra has always been a sword so; I really don't think it’s going to change into an axe. As well both umbra’s’ we fought have been because we wanted the duel, not cause a guy wants us died because we are dragon born. It wouldn't fit as much to have a fight thrown at us. Umbra’s there for us to learn you have to be careful what you. (Tried to fight Morrowind umbra at level 4. Only thing I agree on is the negative effect, would make sense to drive you mad.

Could make it changeable so how, so you could tailor it to any playstyle, maybe the random wielder was a sword guy so umbra’s spirit when that way, maybe it pulls a sorting hat, talks to you, and changes to the appearance that you would prefer, abilities could do the similar thing, because remember, umbra was actually the swords spirit, gave them a slow onset of amnesia so they took umbra’s name. Maybe even fighting a person that’s not related to any quests or shops, depending on the time you spend seeing him.

I remember that sword, devilry, it is! I was unaware it was in Oblivion, though, as I never found it. I did obtain it in Morrowind, however, on a technicality. I was fairly low level, and I had absolutely no chance of surviving that rampaging Orc when I stumbled across him, but I had previously talked to the fellow and never saved it before hand. I was kind of screwed. So I saved it as I was fighting him and somehow lodged myself between a rock and him and continuously shot arrows at the poor guy. It probably took about 150 or more arrows to finally take him down.

I hope it has more personality than the version in Oblivion. When I fought the woman Umbra, she kept screaming "Umbra needs souls!" so I was kind of expecting the sword to have its own personality, maybe some dialogue or even penalize the PC if you don't kill X number of enemies with Umbra each day, and so on. I think someone made a cool mod where Umbra makes you black out and kill people on occasion.