Thread: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Unique enemies

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Unique enemies

I was disappointed in OB when after reading Agnars journal and hunting for the Uderfrykte matron I found it was basically a troll with a cameleon effect. As well Umbacano, when he transforms into the king of Nenalata, if I recall turns into essentially a Lich rather than something all that unique. Lord Vlindrel in the Knights of the nine quest line is a wraith, now I know he's described as a wraith but it would have been nice if he'd been just like little bit more unique.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Unique enemies

There are plenty examples of these exciting sounding encounters that turn out to be fairly generic and anti-climatic when you finally come across them. So do you guys think we'll see more unique enemies with their own unique armor and weapons possibly? Or maybe one off monsters with a totally unique character model in Skyrim? If I have gotten any of the above facts about OB wrong I apologies but my greater point regarding unique enemies still stands.

I liked the matron because I didn’t see it coming literally I didn’t plus it was bigger than a regular troll and I saw it as a kind of precursor to Skyrim plus I liked the bow we get. Does the deranged unicorn from Oblivion count as a unique enemy? Surely it wasn't ment to be - I mean, unicorns are supposed to be good and innocent creatures, but this one was addled to a degree that made it too intolerable to live.

I, also, agree. They need special enemies that look different than a standard enemy. "Oh no! It's the Dreaded Giant Cave Monster! Why does he look exactly like those goblins I killed earlier, just bigger?" Similar to the Super Mutant Behemoths in Fallout: 3. they were a lot bigger and had different armor and weapons, so it wasn't like fighting a larger Super Mutant, he actually felt like a boss enemy. I also think different ranks of enemies should have different armor, Super Mutants did in Fallout: 3 and Goblins did in Oblivion. I also liked how they had different tribes for goblins.

I just agree that "bosses" should be unique in some way but not all were generic in OB, the guardian in shivering isles was bad ass and unlike any other character. I am certain there were others too that I just can't remember but I do remember a lot of the bosses, especially the side quest one's, were generic and had a lot of the similar voices (which was dumb). The grey prince sounded like every other orc.

The Oblivion Mod "War cry: New Dimension" had tons of unique bosses that would have been perfect for Oblivion. The fact is, more variety overall is best. If every monster in Skyrim is just as varied as the Draugr, I don't think I'll be complaining. And really, how hard is it just to give a bandit boss a name and some palette-swapped armor? The Mankar Camoran battle might just be the lamest thing in Oblivion, and that's coming from someone that loves Oblivion.