Thread: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Faction ideas

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Faction ideas

Anyone here has any faction idea on this game. I have small list of fictions for what you are going to vote?
    1. Hunter's guild
    2. Knight order
    3. Daedra Worshippers
    4. Archaeologists
    5. Necromancer's guild

Anyone have any more factions in this? Please let me know if anyone has any idea or any suggestion for this faction. Here we need something like fight club lol where it would be hand2hand only and that be cool if beast races could do better at that by poking at the eyes like reptile from mk9 trololo.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Faction ideas

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. The only requirement is an English Handlebar Mustache, which you must constantly twist. The Guild of Calamitous Intent. The same requirements as above, but with the addition of a pointy beard to go with the mustache, which you must constantly stroke. What about a farmer's guild, blacksmithing guild, miners' guild, woodcutters' guild; you know, guilds for the different professions.

Don't forget the guild for exploding penguins that visions mentioned. Although in all seriousness I would like a Treasure Hunters guild that sends you off looking for secrets, puzzle solving and riddles. Being able to find things in books that don't even come up as quests, meaning you have to use your brain and actually look for the clues described before the quest is activated and officially gets logged in your diary quest screen. Something like in the film National treasure where you are following clues, but more Skyrim clues.

Bring a Nordic version of the religious guild, like the tribunal temple from Morrowind. Imperial cults and missionaries would be ok too. I love the colonization theme, especially with Nords in mind. They need to bring back the oppressive, dominating and racist imperials that were missing from oblivion. Aside from the above mentioned in the poll, maybe they should bring back Arena too. Two political factions for the sides of the civil war.

An Archaeologists Factions seems pretty sweet to me. It might take exploring beyond killing al creatures and looting the place. Learning mysteries about ancient Dwemer, early Nord and Flamer by exploring the ruins. Learning about their disappearance and maybe even uncover lost ruins not mapped which could include long lost artifacts. At least one non-combat focused faction would be fun. And Merchant's Guild, I have always wanted one in a TES game.

What if there was a faction or group for every skill? The "Hunting Pack" would be a group of archers, the "Berserkers" would be a party of people who do mercenary work with two-handed weapons, the "Resistance" could be a group of blocking experts, and the "Sneaks" are obvious, and so on. I think it would be a great idea, and I would love it. The "Merchants," as stated above, the "Blacksmiths" for smithing, "Healers" for restoration, and Obama's favorite would be for the Alteration guild. They're always changing everything.

I would prefer a few well-fleshed out guilds and factions over a plethora of shallow and boring ones. We already have the Companions (Fighters Guild), at least one splinter of the Mages Guild, Thieves Guild, and the Dark Brotherhood. These four just about cover every character build and could easily serve as the games guild factions. The real issue in my opinion would be the political factions. Some form of Imperial faction, be it the Imperial Cult or Legion is nothing short of necessary if we're meant to choose who will rule Skyrim. On the other side of the coin, a rebel Nord faction is also necessary. Outside of this, some local independence and splinter factions would work for a few quests each.