Thread: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Vampires and Werebeasts

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Vampires and Werebeasts

What you all wish to see in Skyrim Vampires or Werebeasts? I am mostly favor to Werewolves. Werewolves mostly run alone but if Hircine has a quest for them they may unite in dozens and lay siege on cities (would be a cool Hircine's quest for werewolves only to destroy a city) while in wolf form they should be considered wolf by other wolves, and if you prove your power to a group of wolves by killing (or horrible crippling) their pack leader, during this time the pack is yours and the wolves are yours to command.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Vampires and Werebeasts

I don't like the idea of the lore always saying they are "mindless" like I mean I understand that to make fear and everything but when I have control over my character when she transforms she is not mindless because I can CONTROL her while playing, I like that much more than turning into a were beast and watching my character kill many people without any input from myself. I like having control but ya, that’s why I all the time hate it when they call them mindless when you get to control them they for sure are NOT mindless.

I thought up a nice random encounter that included a lycanthrope, when the pc is wondering the forest he could be startled by a wandering hermit who sneaks up from behind and places his hands on either of the pc's arms/shoulders while mumbling something incoherent, and then wander away. Later that night the pc could be attacked by a werewolf, after it dies and returns to human form, it would be the same hermit that startled you earlier, and could have some kind of item of importance (Letter to family/children?) that could start some kind of revenge quest or any kind of quest in general.

I voted Vampire, but I'd like to see both. I hope if they do put them in the game, that it won't be cumbersome to play. I like that as a vampire in OB I got damaged by the sun until I fed, but I should be able to carry bottles of human blood to feed on. Also vampires and werewolves should heal automatically when not taking damage. Maybe, for werewolves, this only works if they have transformed. Maybe they can have special finishing moves for these types of creatures too. They should both have auto night eye, as should Khajiit. The transformation should be more prolonged, like you get weaker before you get stronger or something. Maybe they could have a couple perks too.

No need to get angry, I wasn't trying to attack you or anything; I just thought it would be more fun if you met the werewolf before he actually attacked you . So the play would be like "I've seen that guy!" and because he grabs you and pulls you close you would get a good look at him, I don't think he has to be the one who gives you the curse/blessing in the first place, just someone to launch a quest that delves into his past, maybe has related to someone in a nearby city or has children or was a duke/someone with high political standing, drove crazy by something that changed his lifestyle so drastically.

The whole "mindless" thing is that werewolves attack people without second thought. They are just hungry and lust for flesh of people. In lore though. Gameplay elements do not compare. For example, if a werewolf was starving and his health was draining by the hour and he sees a human. He sure as hell wouldn't think "Oh, it's a person, I can't kill a person." No, the werewolf would run straight to them and devour them.

That's basically the life of a werewolf. Live among people; keep your gift a secret. Then go out and kill and wake up naked. Now, Volkihar should be monstrous compared to the upstanding vampire citizens of Cyrodiil. Good thing about werewolves is that they don't need to blood every day. They have to kill two times per month and no one knows they are werewolves while they walk around in the day.

I agree they should have a story but then in its place of it like being a random encounter like in MW *if you got so lucky than it would be a story quest or side quest, which is not bad but I would just like it if we had Both, a story/side quest for becoming a werewolf and a just random encounter like the vampires in the caves and dens in OB..Normally when I role play I like to make up a story not be trapped in a story just to become a werewolf or vampire if that makes any sense.