Thread: 2 Quick saves & 2 Auto saves in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

2 Quick saves & 2 Auto saves in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

I think it would be good to keep a "your character is safe" checkpoint save that never gets overwritten in the file, that it can fall back on if you're stuck dead forever. If I get sick of the number of saves, I'll go clear out the folder myself. Otherwise, I'd rather not [censored] up my game because I accidentally saved over an important save file. Anyone have any idea on this? Please let me know if anyone had any idea or any hints n this.

Re: 2 Quick saves & 2 Auto saves in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Here I must add something about quick save and auto save. Don't know if Bethesda will pay any attention to this poll, but ~2/3 of votes are in favor of dual Quick Saves, about 58% in favor of dual Auto saves. We can hope anyway, I expect a tweak like this is fairly simple to implement, and could be added at the last moment. Caveat: Steam could be a complication. Deus Ex: Human Revolution will have the two auto-saves thing.

I would be fine with double auto saves, but instead of double quick saves I would much rather infinite quick saves, where it saves like a normal save except you can't personalize the file name or whatever, because when there’s quick save I tend to neglect to save regularly so if I quick save at a bad point I could end up going back hours and that’s damn annoying. And mostly I prefer the idea of a round-robin list of quick and auto saves whose number of saves is specified by the user.

I don't see why anyone would vote against this knowing Oblivion and Morrowind's tendency to crash.(Both games have crashed on me at random times on multiple PCS even top of the line PCS, for no reason I can even think of other then the game felt like crashing). 2 Auto saves and 2 Quick saves will only double your chances of having a save that isn't corrupted or in a bad spot (you're low on hp, out mana, low on ammo and there's 5 mobs coming at you)

Well, then you would get into problem of the Load menu: does it show all the quick saves mixed in with the regular named saves? Could make it harder to find the particular save you want. The idea with Quick save is that you don't take the time to type in a name for the file like regular saves - would make it very hard to figure out which (un-named) quick save you actually want if there are very many files.

Don't take forum polls as any definitive number. Even a minority of the users here answers all the polls, and even if they did it's a miniscule sample of the fans of this game or potential customers in general. Either way, I like better save systems. Just no one file for all saves that can get corrupted shenanigans like with what happened to PS3 Mass Effect 2 players before they patched it. I forgot you can't name your files normally. I was so used to typing "save filename" in the console I didn't consider you can't do this on the console versions.

I don't suppose we could get a "Don't really care option" for those of us who are rather ambivalent to the situation? Me, I personally rotate through manual hard saves. It's an ingrained reflex from Daggerfall. And MGE is now reinforcing it into "Interior Cells only" as well. But I can see how it might be useful for those who prefer to use quick save/auto save. And I also thought about adding a "Don't care" option after reading few post.