Thread: Alice: Madness Returns resolution is not proper

Alice: Madness Returns resolution is not proper

I have installed Alice: Madness Returns in my computer in which I am using windows 7. I have installed the game successful and after that when I start the game at that time my screen goes black and I am able to hear the sound. Now after that I have tried to solve the problem by reinstalling the game but it didn’t make any difference. Is there any way to solve this problem? I think it problem regarding the resolution but I don’t know how to fix this.

Re: Alice: Madness Returns resolution is not proper

Yes you are right this problem is regarding the resolution and you should try to solve the problem by changing the resolution. First you have to search the AliceEngine. Ini file and after that open this file in WinWord mode. Now after that search the full screen option there and then put false there. Now after that the game will not open in full screen but it will open in window. After that you can change the game resolution from game menu.

If you want to change the resolution manually then I think you have to do following things. First open that AliceEngine. Ini file again in WinWord mode and after that you will find the ResX= and ResY= in which your current resolution is currently mentioned. Now you have to change the digits there according to your resolution. Like if you are using 1024x768 resolution then you have to put 1024 in ResX= and 768 ResY=. Now after that save that file and open the game. Now you will be able to see the game properly. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

I have searched the AliceEngine. Ini file in my computer and after that I have tried to fix this problem by editing this file in WinWord mode but after doing that also I get the same problem. I have also tried to solve the problem by changing my system resolution and then also I didn’t get any result. Is there anything wrong with my game or my graphic card? If anyone has solution regarding this then please let me know. Any help will be appreciated.

It looks like your graphic driver needs to be updated and after that problem might get solved and that is why I would like to suggest you that try to solve the problem by updating the graphic driver, first you have to download the updated graphic card installation file from internet and after have you have to install it in your computer and after that start the computer again. Now after computer starts open the game and check whether your game is running properly or not?

I have solved my resolution problem in my computer and now I am not facing any problem with my computer and my game also. As you have said that updating the graphic driver can fix it and then I have download the latest graphic driver for my system from internet and after that I have installed it in my computer? Now after installing that when I start the game at that time all the problems gets fixed and now I am able to see the game properly. Thank you so much for helping me.