Thread: Unable to play Alice Madness returns with Mouse in PC

Unable to play Alice Madness returns with Mouse in PC

Hey guys, I recently downloaded the Alice Madness returns game for my PC. The system is running Windows 7 Operating system. So I downloaded the file and installed it in my system. On running the game after installing it in my system, I noticed that the mouse of my PC is not responding to the game OR I should say that it has become over responsive to the game. Even the slightest of touch will make my mouse to spin 360 degree. Can anyone tell me what must be the reason behind the issue and what I should do inorder to solve the problem?

Re: Unable to play Alice Madness returns with Mouse in PC

It seems like there is some kind of issue with your mouse setting. So I would suggest you to change the settings related to the wheel of your mouse. Go to the following path: Start > Control Panel > type Mouse on the Search box and click on Mouse. Now Click on Wheel tab and perform the necessary changes in your mouse scroll setting. Once done with the settings, click on Apply button and finally click on OK to bring the changes into effect.

You mentioned that the issue with the mouse acting strangely started up only after you started up the game and it was not there when you were using your mouse in any other places other then while playing the game. So according to me, there might be some issue with the game only. So, I would recommend you to the Games settings and check if there is any option that would affect the performance of the mouse attached to the system. If you find any then I would recommend you to change the settings as per your requirements.

I am not sure about this but I have read something like this which could help you solve the issue with your mouse. There is some file called config.ini/settings.ini or options.ini in the folder where you have saved your game. Just navigate to the following path and open these files with notepad and make the necessary changes. Most probably you will have to change the settings like the display resolution and the framerate of your display monitor.

Dude you need to fix the sensitivity of your mouse in order to fix the issue which you are facing while you started playing the game. I would recommend you to set the framerate which would perfectly suit your monitor. For more assistance I would recommend you to take help from someone with much more technical knowledge. Also if the issue is not solved, then I would recommend you to uninstall the game and reinstall the game in your system.

Thank you, finally I got past this irritating issue. All thanks to you people. Just went to the config.ini file and changed the resolution and the framerate. Once completed with the following, saved the files and restarted my computer. After restart I haven’t faced the issue until now. So, once again thank you so much people. Please keep doing the good work of helping needy ones like me. I am looking forward for more help from this forum in the near future.