Thread: American Mcgee's Alice is not running in Mac OS X Snow Leopard

American Mcgee's Alice is not running in Mac OS X Snow Leopard

Hey guys, I recently got the American Mcgee's Alice game for my MAC OS X Snow leopard running system. I installed the game and double-clicked the exe file in order start playing the game. But to my surprise, all my efforts went in vain. The game starts, shows the initial screen and the company’s logo and then everything goes black. I am able to hear the background music in between all this. I can’t understand why this is happening in my system. Please help me solve the issue.

Re: American Mcgee's Alice is not running in Mac OS X Snow Leopard

As you have mentioned in your post that you are seeing only the initial logo of the company and then everything is going blank, then the only option which I think would solve your issue is reinstalling the game in your system. It might be possible that you did not installed all the files in your system, or the files which you had install were corrupt or got corrupted. Anything is possible. Also make sure that you are installing the game from the Original CD of the game or from the setup which you had downloaded from the official website of the game. This will decrease the chances of you downloading corrupt file in your system.

If you ask me, I strongly feel that you are facing this issue because of missing updates. The game is very new and if your system is pretty old and you have never update the system software from long time, then you might face the issue. So, I would recommend you to first install all the necessary updates for you Mac OS X Snow Leopard and then try to run the game. Click on the Update Now option in your system in order to check for all the updates available for your system.

You should visit the official website of the American Mcgee's Alice game and check out the Minimum System Requirements and the Recommended System Requirements to play the following game. This will clearly show you whether you can play the game in your system or not. Just compare the specification of your system with these specifications required to play the game. And if the specs of your system is lesser then the required or the recommended specification, then most probably you won’t be able to play the game unless you upgrade your system.

According to me, the problem is with the graphics card installed in your system or the graphics card drivers. This seriously seems to be problem related to the graphics of your system. So I would suggest you to use a good Graphics Card in your system and also make sure that you have installed the necessary drivers of your Graphics card. Also please remember to check whether any new update is available for your installed driver. If you find any new updates then please install them in your system to get the best output.

Hello friend, I was also facing the same issue while playing the American Mcgee's Alice game in my system, After researching a lot for the correct solution in order to solve the problem, I came across this particular patch, which helped me solving my issue. So I would also suggest you to atleast give the “Alice: Patch version 1.1.1 for Mac OS X” a try. I feel it is worth trying. Just search for the same on Internet and download the file from the very first link which comes in the result.

Thank you everyone for replying. I tried all the above suggestions but nothing seems to have worked for me except the last one. I searched for the patch file on Internet but was unable to find one for American Mcgee's Alice game. So did not get the chance to try it out. But still thank you for your response. If anyone has got some link, where I can find the necessary patch files for this particular game, then please help me by replying.