Thread: How to shorten the dress of Alice in Alice Madness returns

How to shorten the dress of Alice in Alice Madness returns

Hello people, I recently purchased the Alice Madness returns game from EA Sports and have been enjoying it a lot. But yesterday while browsing on YouTube I saw few videos where the character Alice was having shorter dress. But the Alice character of the Alice Madness returns game which I have installed in my system seems to be having bigger dress. So I wanted to know is it possible for me to edit the size of the dress? If it is possible then how I can do so? Please help me solving my doubt.

Re: How to shorten the dress of Alice in Alice Madness returns

Yes it is possible to edit the size and shape of the outfits/dresses that your game’s characters are wearing. But that will be requiring different third party software to edit the existing files where all these data are stored. Also, if you did not succeed in the process, then you will be ruining the existing looks of the character, thus spoiling the entire fun of the game. So, if you ask for my suggestion, I would suggest you to leave the thoughts of editing the characters and their outfits. And if you desperately wish to do so, then I would suggest you to search for files which are already edited by others and install that along with your games file.

Download FakkTools from Internet and unzip it. You will get "tgaconvert" and "ftxconvert" from the "FakkTools" kit. Make sure you have installed any paint program like Adobe Photoshop to handle TGA formats. Now follow the following steps:
    Step 1: Open and extract the following ftx skin files from the pak1_large.pk3 file to your empty “my documents” folder.
    • for front and back body, boots, shoulders etc.. - models/alice/body.ftx
    • for skirt and inner mouth - models/alice/body2.ftx
    • for open Eyes - models/alice/body3.ftx
    • for closed Eyes - models/alice/blinkface.ftx
    • For Arms and hands - models/alice/r_arm.ftx
    • For Hair - models/alice/hair.ftx
    • To show hanging bow straps in back models/alice/bowstraps.ftx
    • To show a mini skull on back of bow - models/alice/skull.ftx

Step 2: Convert the skins ftx files to tga with “ftxconvert” by dragging and dropping the files onto the program.
    Step 3: Paint the TGA files as per your requirement and save the file in 24bit for best results.
    Step 4: Convert the painted TGA files back into ftx with “tgaconvert”
    Step 5:
    1. Make a new zip
    2. Double-click to open the winzip file
    3. Now, click on the "add" button and locate the "Models" folder inside your "My Documents" folder.
    4. Make sure that you are doing Single-click in order to highlight the "Models" folder
    5. Once you are finished highlighting, click on the ‘add with wildcards’ option

Step 6: Remember to rename the new zip file which you recently created in the following manner. (p-z)(anyname).(pk3) E.G.: pmyskin.pk3, xmyskin2.pk3 etc.......
    Step 7: Save the new PK3 files in the Alice/Base folder and run the game in order to see the changes.

I have been using the 3D Studio Max version 8, which is a third party software; in order to change the looks and feel of the characters of the games which I am playing. You can search for the following application on Internet and download it in your system. For more details about the tutorials and the steps to complete the process of changing the character, you can search for the same on Internet and you will be getting many links, where experienced users have shared their tips.

It requires immense patience and knowledge in order to change the looks of the Alice character in Alice madness Game. I am saying this because the Alice character has got about 222 different animation models. You will have to use the original geometry and existing animations in order to get a proper editing done for your new desired character. You can also use 3DSMAX SkelOut plugin and then the MAX2SKL commend line utility inorder to edit the characters of any games.

I am not that good in editing the entire game character. That is why I choose the easier path. Instead of spending your time and energy in editing the characters by myself, I have been using a shortcut which has been serving and helping me from last many years. What actually I do istake the baseframe of some file which is already made for short dress. Then, just copy the baseframe to my own skins and make the dress short for my character. That’s it. You can also use the following trick.

I am amazed by seeing the replies. I did not expected, that someone very strange to me would spend so much of their time to post a reply to my post. I seriously appreciate the time and energy which you guys spend on solving my problem. I tried out the very first reply to my query thread and was very much satisfied after reading on and trying the solution. Initially it proved to be very irritating but when I saw the final output, I felt great. Once again thank you a lot.