Thread: Necromancer's guild in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Necromancer's guild in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

A Necromancer's guild would be a nice alternative to the Mage's Guild. Of course the Mage's Guild shouldn't be removed. There should be a choice between joining one or the other. Maybe a higher speech craft or a perk could let the player join both factions. For all we know Necromancy has been reintegrated into the Mage's Guild or its equivalent. Anyone have any kind of hints or idea about this?

Re: Necromancer's guild in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Necromancers are not assassins that are a whole different ball park. Necromancers prefer solitude to pursue their "forbidden" and "disgusting" magical arts. Most are so depressed and nonconformist that the very idea of joining an organization with other mages is heresy to them. However, that doesn't mean that they would disdain the company of other necromancers, after all, they're all pretty much in the same, disgustingly magical category.

I think that Daggerfall had the look of mannimarco right. I just watched one video. He looks terrifying to me even in all his pixels. I want this look to return. He looked like a pretty school boy in Oblivion and he is the first LICH. He should look amazingly horrifying. On that note if they incorporate Molag BAL in Skyrim I want him to look like he did in Daggerfall as well. The Necromancers, as a continuation of the faction in Oblivion with The King of Worms, might not be in.

Maybe a quest line involving resurrecting Mannimarco and from doing so at the conclusion of the quest line you gains a really cool item. Of course there will be an epic battle against mages (or whisperers?) who disagree a little with resurrecting the King of Worms. At a standstill I think there should be a way to role-play with a magicka character without having to join a Boy Scout guild. It seems they will still be referred to as "Necromancers," however, according to Todd.

The difference is that a priest works in accordance with the cycle (In most cases, a variation of Arkay). A necromancer forces the dead against the cycle. Necromancy has shown, time and again, to corrupt the user's soul. But anyways, if the Warp of the West is to be considered canon (very likely), only one version of Mannimarco is dead, the one that did not receive the Mantilla. The ascended godly form is still alive, though I doubt he will make a major appearance in Skyrim.

I'm not expecting them to play a major role in the game. They were a major enemy faction in Oblivion due to the Mage's Guild. Unless there's some similar decree outlawing them, I would just expect them to be visible here and there. Maybe a major NPC or two as the focus of an individual quest or two and not anything more. They were hugely present in Oblivion as the sole focus of the Mage's Guild quest line and fairly minor in Morrowind (came up a couple times). I'd expect a situation similar to Morrowind.