Thread: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Guilds no longer unaware of outside events

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Guilds no longer unaware of outside events

Just curious about how everyone thinks this will actually be implemented. Would you like them to also notice your actions in other guilds, or what? And ya in Oblivion, guilds seemed to go about their business unaware the entire province was under attack from the Daedric Prince of Destruction. The only conclusion here is that guilds are aware of the attacking dragons and the condition of Tamriel. What you all thought about the?

Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Guilds no longer unaware of outside events

This was confirmed in the recent Playstation magazine article. The factions and guilds you join will no longer exist in an isolated vacuum, but instead they will be affected by the events taking place in the larger world. I take this to mean there is stronger likelihood of inter-faction blood feuds, maybe the College of Winterhold will ask you to burn down the Temple of Synod, for example, or some Necromancer base of power. If you choose to accept then you might not be able to join Synod, or be prevented from learning a new spell from the Necromancer faction.

It might mean that the guilds will have more, involvement, you could say, with the current world situation. Meaning that they will deal with things like the civil war and dragons. It was really odd in Oblivion how oblivious/indifferent everyone one about the Oblivion Crisis. The Mages Guild has to deal with those EBIL Necromancers! There's a traitor in the Dark Brotherhood! And the Fighters Guild was the worst of the bunch, what's their big problem amongst all this chaos? A rival mercenary guild.

I always thought that was a little odd in Oblivion. If there are Daedra everywhere business should've been booming for the fighters guild, and wouldn't the whole world kind of be looking at the mages guild to solve the whole magical portals to another realm are destroying the world issue. Here's hoping the fighter’s guild has a few missions where you're trying to save villages from the horde of dragons sweeping the land. In the case of the Fighters guild/companions it makes to be more involved as the armies that would normally be taking care of things are busy fighting over the throne.

Skill requirements for guilds are a no. The closest I'll let it get is having the player need to pass one final test which requires you to cast a spell that corresponds with what skill level you should be in order to rank up. I mean, if you're bringing home the bacon the guild really shouldn't care how you do it - especially if you're paying off the higher ups/got the right connections/famous - excluding the leader passion and maybe the spot just before the leader.

It's a yes for me. One of my Oblivion characters was a useless mage whose only noteworthy magical talent was in healing. If I were one of the guild heads and I would devoted most of my life to the study of magic, and out of nowhere this guy who wedges at magic becomes the Archmage, I would be more than a little bit ticked, maybe even ticked enough to start gathering allies to overthrow this impudent charlatan.