Thread: Two gun limit in Duke Nukem Forever

Two gun limit in Duke Nukem Forever

I just loved it; it kept things thrilling for me. I loved the two gun thing. The fights I went through in this game were great. I even jumped in the air with my fists when on roids, blowing the bosses in mid air. And I would be looking everywhere for a gun, when I ran for wrap somewhere and occasionally I would just have to go Rambo and it would be so heroic and splendid. I took out some assault commanders with my fists and not all the time while I was in full duke mode, if you get what I mean.

Re: Two gun limit in Duke Nukem Forever

At the end there was an epic instant where, no spoilers. But, I will only say that the two bat thing didn't trouble me. It only kept things exciting, possibly more sensible. I mean seriously, what type of guy can just insert the best gun for any job out of his back and save the day? A hero has got to manage and make up as he goes. I just love the two weapon thing; it actually kept the game alive for me. I can't even start to tell you how amazing a few of the game plays were for me because of it.

The just well thing I notice in it is that I will get to go through levels once more using a dissimilar weapon than I did the last time. Other than that, I truly wish I could have just detained all the weapons. Even though I at a standstill favor health regen. I think you possibly are. There's superior ways to force people to utilize dissimilar guns- they could have just limited the amount of obtainable ammo, for instance. As it is the game has a custom of giving you the gun you necessitate for any exacting encounter anyhow.

But the amusing thing is that as extended as it's not a boss, for the majority part, you can utilize dissimilar weapons and be ingenious to get the job done. Old games, you have like 8 weapons and just actually necessitate 1 or 2 of those weapons to get the job complete for each enemy, in spite of. It's like, what's the point. When you can take away a rocket launcher or chain gun to each fight. I love the emotion of only having my fists while I am in a room full of pig cops with shot guns and I ninja it and take them all down with my fists. I actually enjoy that.

I not at all had needs, just the want to kick a few back and I did. I did it with my fists, or pistol or anything I had with me at the time. The game does present explosions while wanted, else wise. It all the time presents what you require. Or else, I just improvised. I was playing on simple though, but it was at a standstill fun. I generally am not excessively keen on 2 weapon restrictions. However it actually worked well in DNF.

Obviously, that attainment wouldn't exist if it weren't for the 2 gun limit. For my part, I think a gun limit adds somewhat of strategy to a game as you have to think about whether you wish to pick up a new gun or keep your existing one each time you come athwart another weapon. Your choice may make imminent sections simpler or tougher based on the weapons you have determined to pick up. On the other hand, no limit would have been further old-school and more Duke-like. Maybe an alternative to immobilize the limit would have been a well cooperate, perhaps even as an unlockable for beating the game.

As a mechanical feature of the game, I just thought the game intended around it, felt right. It actually worked. I don't notice how old games from the 90s have to do with this, as this game wasn't meant to have the similar workings, and the game intended around it, wasn't planned for those mechanics. Over all I don't think anybody has any real grievances regarding the two weapon thing, just while comparing it to other games, for example early 90s games which had multiple weapons obtainable. Depends on its own qualities I think it strives, more so, than the majority people are willing to admit.