Thread: Cult Classic in Duke Nukem Forever

Cult Classic in Duke Nukem Forever

With all the unenthusiastic reviews DNF is getting and the obvious fan base following it, could it be video games are getting somewhat movies have seen rather a few of: A cult classic? It's not small sufficient to be niching, but not big sufficient to be a full out hit. So a cult hit? What do you assume? Something I am thought about that seems to be importance a topic. So please, if anyone has any idea on this than please provide me.

Re: Cult Classic in Duke Nukem Forever

No matter what opponents will tell you, this game isn't a slump. Tons of people enjoyed it and that's what matters. To be truthful, all the awful reviews were an actual wakeup call. They reminded me why you shouldn't take note to "professional reviewers". There truly is no such thing. And that what I expect, and what I think what it will befall. It will be loved by fans and fans generally. It can't be that simple to have not heard of the release of a game that's been 15 years in the creation.

It most surly is for me. The way it is looking, we might also go a step more and just call it the Antichrist of the gaming industry. Cult Classic is maybe a pale title. I am 80% the way through the Xbox 360 edition and all I have to say is that’s its easy fun. Not anything more. Not anything less. The Multiplayer hits it up a pair notches for sure too. The PC edition will have legs as long as they let for a mod community. The 360 edition will be one I throw in each month or so for a few Duke match.

System Shock 2 was admired by critics but was quiet in the sales. DNF looks to diverge - as well keep in mind that DN3D didn't had amazing scores in 1996. In polish game magazines at that time game was assessed as a little more than average (with scores like 80 to 90, where 70 meant a bad and 60 was just average awful) so it would be at the present time like 70-75 when 60 is average. Only many years later DN3D became a cult classic.

Here I also wish to add something about this. In all justice, Cult Classic doesn't mean below the radar. It just means somewhat which has been rated, usually, inferior that what it actually is, and at a standstill manages to maintain a burly following, in spite of awful initial reviews. Doctor Who is a perfect example. It is a Cult Classic, but it is as well the greatest running Sci-Fi series in the world, people know regarding it. Many people know about it.

I truthfully consider this too. Either the reviewers did not play the whole game, OR they went into the game with predetermined concepts on how bad it was going to be and didn't permit them to enjoy it, because doing so would be confessing they were incorrect. Those few who did conclude the game through, more than likely as well did not waste time poking around the world and getting that feeling of Duke while you discover something you can interrelate with, or an Easter egg somewhere.

All the game clobbering from users are I swear 90% from people who did not play it declaring, "Oh I called it 4 years before that it was going to wedged." watch HL Episode 3 get the similar healing, oh wait, that game is by Valve so it's measured "Art". I wish DNF becomes a cult hit; it truly is an immense game. I have not had so much pleasant with a shooter as the initial MW. Since then, there was no FPS that actually kept me coming back.