Thread: Need to add A Dragon slider in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Need to add A Dragon slider in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

I just thought of something. There will be unscripted dragons and there will be scripted dragons. I am fine with both; some people are on the fence. I think Bethesda should somehow add a dragon slider into the options menu, kind of like the difficulty settings, more dragons or fewer dragons depending on which way you slide the slider. What are your thoughts n this idea? I myself would love to explore the game without being attacked by dragons.

Re: Need to add A Dragon slider in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

I can definitely agree with this. I am not looking forward to finding a beautiful, serene area to relax and spend some time in, only to see a dragon headed my way from the distance "Not another one..." I think the dragon fights will be cool and all, but I would rather encounter them during a quest or at really cool, appropriate times. I get the feeling we will have dragons shoved down our throat every couple hundred feet.

I certainly have nothing against script and unscripted dragon encounters, but as always I am in support of giving the player the option to change it. So yea, a dragon slider to control how many there are, would be really great. But considering that most likely will not happen, I at least hope that dragons do not appear as often as oblivion gates did, you could not walk a 100 meters into one direction without seeing one on the screen and it I think that if they would appear that often, they would quickly go from 'awesome boss like fight' to 'not another one!'.

One important difference, oblivion gates rarely fly after you if you ignored them, yes the monsters around them might attack but the gate was easy to spot. No the real parallel is not the oblivion gate but an animal in Morrowind who also flew after you. Luckily it has been some changes, the model and animations is much better; the dragons also have ranged attack and are much harder to kill. You get an achievement if you manage to draw agro from three or more dragons so they follow you.

Though this time around, I very much doubt we'll be tagged every twenty yards by dragons like we were by -ahem- those blighted creatures. Seriously, you couldn't spit two feet into the Ashland’s without hitting one, or worse, and entire flock. I remember one time when I ran to Ghostgate and turned around to see at least five following me. Hopefully dragons, as large and apparently sentient as they are, will eventually give up the chase if it isn't in their best interests to continue.

I think all the testing they are doing they will get it right. Todd already said they toned it down ALOT after like 3 times of getting attacked by 2 and 3 dragons in groups a couple times in a row. I am certain there will be some times with back luck you might get 2 dragons at once or a dragon not long after another but probably not often and most likely after a scripted fight as I read the unscripted ones might be drawn to the sounds of a fight, not sure if that is still true but I read it somewhere.

I just like to be a slider to reduce dragons (they will get annoying later I am certain of it) I just dislike having a slider to increase the dragons spamming because when you absorb so many dragon souls for shouts the main quest will be very easy than so as the whole thing else so I think there shouldn't be a slider for the whole thing I want the game to decide when is the right time for me to encounter a dragon.