Thread: What do you like about Duke Nukem Forever

What do you like about Duke Nukem Forever

Here I just want to know that what you like about this game. Just tell me what you like regarding the game, begin from gameplay, graphics, audio and so on and the in general experience and impression. Let set an instance: I like the graphic, because they are so 2003 and make me sense young another time. Let me know about you like. What you like and about this. Please share with us.

Re: What do you like about Duke Nukem Forever

Just 80% through the game. I am in fact a slight bit of a game snob but I was at a standstill able to take pleasure in it thus far. I am too big of a typical gamer not to understand the games history and character.
    Like:
    1. Old Weapons. By means of the ripper, devastator, shrink ray and congeal gun in updated graphics unaccompanied is worth the $
    2. Old opponents. I think they did a well job bringing back the old opponents. The Octobrains look to have been done the best in my opinion.
    3. Duke flair. His voice, one liner, little jokes, all at a standstill there.
    4. Surroundings throwback. Even though the game is fairly scripted and linear, the old school interactive surroundings are back.

Here I just like Graphics: Has that old Doom 3 or Quake 4 seem and feel but more improved, the old ID tech engine at a standstill seems well to me till this day that is why DNF visuals don’t trouble me.
    Audio: Took pleasure in the classic gun sounds of a variety of weapons, the melodic score were decent I think just one or two tracks truly stood out. The fact that I can restore the unique tracks with my own is what really stands out regarding the audio.

I just like the Presentation/Story/lore: Kicking Alien back and saving the planet, doesn’t get more simpler than that but what stood out to me is how Duke is reverenced everybody loves him even if he's an egotistic SOB, I memorize getting out of the winch at Dukes mansion and seeing the paparazzi full of females and said to myself " 3DRealms went all out, amazing" that among additional interactivity with NPC's all through the game, rather it’s the Strippers or EDF soldiers, I truly liked the twins and their participation with part of the story.

The weapons are nice. They could utilize as few more oomph, a few of them. But on the base of just them and not anything else, I like the diversity. The enemies are as well good. The pig cops are far more intimidating now that they can accumulate on you and are lethal in tiny rooms if they get at the back of you. The Octobrains are as well more exciting, with their TK attacks and ignition on death. The bosses have as well been good thus far, though I have not gotten past the driving series on the way to the dam.

I do understand what people who hate the game are saying. I just think they are being excessively cruel for a few reason. I have played quite a lot of pc games recently, and even though DNF isn't ideal, I certainly enjoyed it more than a few other titles that were lauded by reviewers (like the Mass Effect games). There might be spoilers under! I was frightened by a few of the scripted scenes, e.g. where the pig cops tilt over the hut you are in. I in fact thought the graphics were nice; colorful and with interesting surroundings.