Thread: Light and Heavy Armor most wanted perk in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Light and Heavy Armor most wanted perk in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

There was a thread about perks and I thought they were pretty cool. Since we don't know much about the other perks for skills, we can day dream about ones we think could work best for other skills. Since we all will be light or heavy armor, this is as good a place to start as any. I know more ideas are there; this is just to spur thought. Anyone have any idea on this? If you have any kind of suggestions, feel free to post.

Re: Light and Heavy Armor most wanted perk in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Here I just go through with the light Armor. Light Armor should have a perk that gives you a chance to dodge attacks, as that is the whole point of a stealthy and agile character: not to get hit. The most powerful perk should be Unarmored, which grants all the perk-effects without wearing Armor (clothing effectively becomes Light Armor, without the defense rating). No idea about Heavy Armor, not at all utilized it.

After mentioning a blocking perk which slows time so you can dodge attacks, I would say all bets are off with what the perks might be. I mean what’s the point in dodging attacks when you were going to block them anyway. Chaos Theory - (greatly disintegrate enemy weapon on contact), a really poor name for that effect considering chaos theory is essentially small problems turning into big problems, so perhaps "ever so slightly disintegrate enemy weapon on contact"

The signature ability for light armor is that it gives better freedom of movement so I vote increased speed (after the weight modifier has been added to the normal, unarmored speed). For heavy armor I go with a modified version of the shu-fly perk: Give a % chance to have the enemy land a glancing blow, dealing only 25% of base damage. Having the perk remove all damage from the blow might be a little overpowered, but I think a 75% reduction of damage should be more than enough to be effective.

So I am interested to see how armor perks like those suggested in this thread would be implemented, how many pieces of light armor would I have to be wearing to make use of the light armor perks? How many pieces of heavy armor would I have to be wearing to make use of the heavy armor perks? If I am wearing a mix of both armor types, could I enjoy the perks of both? What do you all think is reasonable?

I like movement oriented bonuses for light armor, but heavy armor should really be for brawling, what about perks that tie into other skills something like: Momentum: you've learned how to put the mass of your armor behind your blows making shield bashes and pommel strikes (if they're in) more effective. That’s just an example, but heavy armor really should have a different feeling than just light armor with a higher armor rating and weight.