Thread: Is there a linux version of Duke Nukem Forever available?

Is there a linux version of Duke Nukem Forever available?

I am very curious to know the answer of this question so guys what do you all think is there a Linux version of the game available? If yes then please do revert back to me as soon as possible. Since playing this game in the Linux version will be an interesting option I think so that’s what I want to say here, so hoping for the answers from your side. If possible do give me the link of the downloadable link of that particular file, so I hope that you will do it for me, I am waiting for the necessary suggestion from your side.

Re: Is there a linux version of Duke Nukem Forever available?

No as such the Linux version of the game is still not available and probably I think the developers will not make it available and hence that’s what the option from my side, so the answer for your question is quite simple and the answer is no. I think the developers have not given any idea on the same and hence I think the intentions are clear from their side that they will not be developing any kind of game for the Linux versions so that’s what I am saying here, hope you have got the necessary information on the topic that I have given here.

How about trying in the wine, so for the Linux lovers the wine is an interesting option to test their game in that version, so I am expecting that the game will run good with the wine. So what I need to know is that has anyone else tried running the game using the wine application in their systems, if your answer is yes then do revert back to me, it will be very much interesting to know as if how did the game fared? So that would be a interesting opinion to count on, so anyone who has played the game using the wine application then please do get back to me, I am waiting for the suggestion.

Well the version from the steam does work ok in the wine application. Actually I tested the performance in one of my friends system and what I noticed that the performance was not so encouraging. That’s what I am saying here, also one more suggestion that I would like to give here is that try running the game in 1440 x 900 instead of the maximum setting that you use for the game that will be of definite help for you. that will increase the fps rate and it is proven so do try that ok and rest the game will work decently in it.

Ok thanks for suggesting about that I was really not aware of that so thanks a lot again for the solutions that you have given on the topic and hence appreciate your efforts for the same, your suggestions have really helped me a lot in solving the problems and that counts me, thanks for the important suggestion that you gave. I will definitely try my luck with the wine application and see how well it works in my case.