Thread: Duke nukem forever error "Program can’t start because d3dx9_37.dll does not exist"

Duke nukem forever error "Program can’t start because d3dx9_37.dll does not exist"

Hello friends I am using a computer in which I have installed Windows 7 and I normally use to play all the games in my computer as my Radeon HD 3850 graphic card give me the best gaming experience. Now before some days I have installed the Duke nukem forever game in my computer which is recently released from gearbox Software. Now whenever I start the game at that time I get this message "Program can’t start because d3dx9_37.dll does not exist” and my computer won’t allow me to play the game. Is there any solution to fix this problem then please let me know?

Re: Duke nukem forever error "Program can’t start because d3dx9_37.dll does not exist"

I have gone through your post and I think you are facing this problem because of some missing file from your game. I think you have to try to solve this problem by uninstalling the game from your computer and after that install the game again in your computer. Sometimes reinstalling the game can fix this kind of problem. I think you should try this solution to solve your problem. If you want to know anything more than please let me know.

Re: Duke nukem forever error "Program can’t start because d3dx9_37.dll does not exist"

First of all I will suggest you that try to run this game with other computer or other laptop and after that check whether you are getting this problem with other computer or laptop or not. if you are not facing this problem with other computer then I think there may be something wrong with your computer driver. If you are facing the same problem with other computer then may be the CD or DVD which you are trying to install the game is corrupted. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

As far as I know this kind of problem normally comes when any of the game file or other system files gets deleted and that is why I would like to tell you that try to solve the problem by reinstalling your graphic card driver and game also. First uninstall both the things from your computer and after that delete all the temporary files from your computer. Now after doing that you have to disable your antivirus and then install the driver and game again in your computer. Now after installing the both enable the antivirus and then if you get any warning message at that time click on skip or allow. After that your game will start running perfectly.

I have checked my game in other computer and it was running perfectly in other computer. Now after doing that I have tried to solve the problem by reinstalling the game but still get the same problem after doing that. Now after doing that I have reinstalled the graphic driver also and I have also make sure that my antivirus is not blocking it but that trick didn’t make any difference. If anyone have proper solution regarding this then please help me with that.

Hey guys this problem is not regarding the game but it is problem of the direct X file. As far as I know it is common problem and it normally occurs when the direct X gets corrupted. I was facing the similar problem and after that I have uninstall the direct X from my computer and after that I have downloaded the direct X 10 from the internet. Now after that I have installed that in my computer and then my problem will get solved. I think this trick will fix your problem also.

Thank you so much for all the information and support provided by you. After dreading your post I have downloaded the direct X from internet and after downloading that I have installed that in my system. Now after installing the direct X in my system I have restart the system. I am not getting any issue. now all the things are working perfectly. Now that game is running properly in my system. Your given tricks really helped me.