Thread: Level Editor & Mod Tools in Duke Nukem Forever

Level Editor & Mod Tools in Duke Nukem Forever

Duke Nukem 3d had an immense editor within it. A lot of people made tons of maps and helped maintain Duke Fun. Will that be captivating over to the latest build of Duke Nukem Forever? It would presently bring additional popularity to the game. There isn't some news of the Multiplayer as a result what is the word resting on that? I as well hope that doors at a halt crush enemies. What you guys think about it. Please do reply on it.

Re: Level Editor & Mod Tools in Duke Nukem Forever

I don’t think so. It won't be the similar category of map builder, at any rate, if that's what you want to be acquainted with. That map editor simply works as a result well and consequently simply for the reason that of the Build engine utilize for Duke3D. That will undeniably not be the case through DNF seeing as it's put up upon Unreal tech. They can't construct the similar type of map editor used for DNF as Duke3D had. It's a totally dissimilar engine. The Build engine was simply thus easy to make maps for the reason that of the approach the Build engine works.

I am acquainted with exactly what you thought. Duke3d was the most up-to-date and greatest. They had a free map editor approach through the game; it wasn't a mod, or development pack. It was through the game. I presently simply hope they maintain their old trend up of charitable a free map editor. A construct of a program is the program or program's necessary design. Build is immediately an additional word for application of software. Within short I meant are they going to construct an additional map editor utilize for Duke Nukem Forever?

This information has not been released yet. Consider more explanatory with your messages. I did not know what they were asking. It seemed he wanted the exact same map editor for DNF which is obviously impossible. Also do a search, as there are already two existing topics asking this same question, I think. Building the tool was actually made for Duke3D map and any game that has launched a similar tool behind the scenes. The map editor for DNF UnrealED would be some kind of I guess, Dukes tremendous tool was always the joke name for him. I would be very surprised if it came with DNF in a "good" folder, as in the old days.

My point is that there is a question of what supposed to be, however what you preserve. DNF editor is as easy as the editor is unreal. There is no way to avoid that, because it is a 3D game no game 2.5d (like Duke3D was) and, by meaning, be more complex to utilize. And it is constructing on Unreal technology, probably just use the Unreal editor. You cannot "make" things easier to use. It is a completely different design. I am very aware of what it means to build and build.

You really should not be acting this way, I know that you're incognito with multiple user aliases and feel you’re powerful behind a screen. Using the same approach would not be the incentive, but now I know I should be jealous because I have good ideas. And no, I understand some things that need to be expressed hide you hide your insults is not right. I get to the bottom of that anger has abruptly powerful than the small screen.

Old thread i know but......

Old duke3d used the build engine. They shipped this with the game and allowed users to build anything from maps to full "total conversions".

Duke nukem forever was built eventually using the Unreal engine.

Any Unreal fan knows that every version of the unreal tournament games for pc has ALWAYS included UnrealEd and access to all textures, models, and scripts for users to edit.

So, for pc version of dnf, it would have been easy for them to include the unrealEd.

Did they? I want to know but i got the ps3 version lol

Not possible for the ps3 unless the game company provides any updates on PSN store to buy online. Till yet there are option to add maps from online sites in Duke Nukem Forever, but I had not tested those mods. On pc this is much more easier, I will surely not touch the ps3 version by testing mods and patches. This can ruin your gameplay.

Yeah I know it's not possible on the PS3 version.

I was meaning that it would have been easy for them to do it on PC due to using the UnrealEngine.

My question is, DID they include UnrealED on the PC version?

If yes, I may ALSO buy the PC version when I get my new PC.

I just searched for it, and just found a guy worried about the editor causing bad mods to be made, but that one didn't come up in the search, strangely enough, through the search query was "UnrealEd." For those on the forums who might not know what UnrealEd is, it's basically the tool companies that make to build their maps/games. Basically, you make a bunch of static meshes, character models, etc. bring them into UnrealEd and "assemble" everything.