Thread: The Elder scrolls Oblivion and its changes to the lore

The Elder scrolls Oblivion and its changes to the lore

I have a few questions and complaints about Oblivion are messing up of the lore and if we have any real explanations. Oblivion has been known to change quite a bit of lore. One of the biggest lore changes was Cyrodil changing from a jungle to the unimaginative and unoriginal landscape it has today. Is there any real explanation for this besides Tiber Septim did it" which really doesn't work with the time line since that would have occurred before the pocket guide to the empire as created.

Re: The Elder scrolls Oblivion and its changes to the lore

Also, where are the werewolves and were lions which were supposed to be in Cyrodil, according to the lore that is where they live. Third, why do we have no real Imperial forts just ruins. And where are the living quarters, armories, etc. Finally, what occurred to the dozens of cults to Dibella which were supposed to exist in Cyrodil. Also, why is their no distinct Imperial culture here in Cyrodil like there was in Morrowind as well as the sudden change in armor for the guards. What is the development reason for this and the lore.

And there are no satisfactory answers for these questions. Posing them makes me feel exhausted. I will point out that Talos' supposed transmutation of Cyrodiil would likely have occured after Apotheosis, while the PGE was published before. And a discussion of that oft-dismissed explanation is perhaps the only discussion we are likely to get out of this thread that doesn't devolve into melodrama, moaning, and complacent, logically dishonest excuses.

There was no explanation provided in game. Truth be told the only reason we know that Tiber Septim used CHIM to change the climate of Cyrodiil is because Michael Kirkbride, an ex-dev who pops onto this forum occasionally, said so. His say so, however, is questionable because it was never stated in game, and thus is not official canon. Also to build on my post in the other thread on Cyrodiils transformation, the lack of an explanation for the change probably annoyed me more than the change itself.

Actually the reason for the lack of a significant presence in the province Imperial Legion is probably because the general commander of the troops of the Legion in the imperial province, in theory, could put pressure on the emperor and the Board of Nursing through the threat of force or, if you put enough power hungry, could organize a coup and installed himself as emperor side note, in groups of three reasons why the legions of ancient Rome, where apparently the basis of the empire can not cross the Rubicon because the Imperial Legion is not sufficient based on the imperial prison complex to maintain basic order along the roads.

Also the reason that the forts are run down is probably because they were either from the Second Era or the War of the Red Diamonds, both of which were periods when Cyrodiil was fragmented and prone to conflict, which would explain the need for fortified positions. Its likely that, once order in the province proper was unified the forts were emptied and fell into disrepair because the Legions were sent back to the provinces to maintain an Imperial presence.