Thread: The Elder scrolls: Who are Bretons?

The Elder scrolls: Who are Bretons?

I think that there are many playing this game and around so I just want to know that who are Bretons in this game. When people of different races have offspring, the child strongly favors the mother's traits, though some small traits from the father show through as well. That is, the child of a Dunmer woman and a Cyrodilic man would, for all intents and purposes, be Dunmer, but he would have some resemblance to the father, as well. There is no such thing as half elves in Tamriel.

Re: The Elder scrolls: Who are Bretons?

The society of High Rock must have involved a LOT of intermixing between the Aldmer and the Nedes for that process to actually result in the closest thing Tamriel has to a half elf. A single High Elf and Cyrodillic marriage would not result in a Breton. However, generations upon generations of mixing can, and has, produced something like that of course, the Aldmer of High Rock were not Altmer, and the Nedes of High Rock were not Cyrodils.

First off, you through in the topic of battle mage, with had nothing to do with this discussion, just where do bretons comes from. Tarvok Spellbinder set the record straight by saying how the bretons actually came to be, which was the result long of interbreeding with the aldmer and the tribe of High Rock. Battle mages had nothing to do with this, and are just mages that can also fight with a sword an heavy armor. Unless you mean Battle mages, the imperial class of soldiers, but they're different from battle mages in that they're a rank and type of soldier of the imperial army.

But this technically shouldn't happen, right? Bretons appear to be something between Elves and Men, especially in their concept art and apparently they are more Elvish and feral. They shouldn't have hybrid appearance/traits at all if the Elder Scrolls crossbreeding works the way we're told. I'm inclined to believe that hybrids do share traits of both parents and do share abilities of both races. Perhaps the mother's side is more dominant but if a person has an Orc father I bet that person would have some Orc features as well, even if it's as subtle as a stockier build.

Well, the PGE makes a point to mention the Battlemage social class of Nibenay is descended from nedes who had interbreed with the mer. YR the mysterious, antihuman, mer opiner confirms it. I would say, although they likely take more pride in their Akaviri blood, they do their best to preserve it, and retain their magicka efficiencies, as any noble family would want to preserve their blood. These imperials have a gifted, genetic heritage that includes generations of mer, making them basically the same as bretons. Albeit they would have less merish blood than many bretons, not all, as I don't recall them being mistaken for elves, so that point I yield.

The problem is battlemage is a profession. Anyone can be a battle mage, be they Nibenese, Dunmer, Argonian, and possibly even Tscaeci. Breton" is an ethnic grouping with its origins and the bulk of its population residing in High Rock which is not the same thing as Nibeney, assuming just about any profession, from barbarian to knight to burgler to sorcerer to trader to commoner with battle mage mixed in there somewhere, but that's not even relevant. I just found the equation of Bretons with Nibenese Battle mages so bizarre my initial response was short and somewhat rude.

Are you so eager to make a tard of yourself that you needed to misquote me? I never said a single merriage would result in a breton, but the battlemage class and bretons of today are basically the same, thanks to the breeding habits of the ancient mer. Of course, the Nibeneans have had more contact with the other races, as well as the Tsaesci, so the modern battlemage is even more of a mut.