Thread: Dwemer in the elder scrolls

Dwemer in the elder scrolls

As you can observe I'm relatively new to the forums. I joined mainly to satisfy my curiosity resting on a number of things regarding the lore. One particular interest I wanted to satisfy was 'what happened to the Dwemer?' Now I'm practically satisfied, albeit somewhat disappointed to have learned via the many, many threads threads on their disappearance that the Dwemer where bound to the skin of the Numidium when Kagrenac used his tools on Lorkhan's heart at some stage in the battle at Red Mountain.

Re: Dwemer in the elder scrolls

The mystery regarding the disappearance of the Dwemer is presently that: a mystery. There's never been any confirmation one approach or the other regarding how and why they disappeared and what happened to them exactly. I realize that many of you find the Dwemer and their disappearance boring at this stage, but I was wondering if somebody could link me to wherever the above (or the correct version of the above, if I have misinterpreted what I have read so far) was confirmed Just so as I can see for myself, and put this long running curiosity I have with the Dwemer to rest.

The Outer Realms within the Void are places somewhere streams of magic construct existence likely. As random flows of Magicka burst within the Void, effects start to take place. If the incoming flow steady, the recently created realm might stay within existence used for a while. A good illustration of this would be the Battlespire, an artificial pocket of existence within the void, keep by a steady input of Un-Void - Magicka. The moment this contribution would stop, the dimension would fall down as the Void would gradually wash above the Spire.

The Void is crammed through a myriad of these pockets. They are continuously being formed and cracked - their normal residents are the Atronachs, intelligent beings prepared up of magic, permit them to endure the harsh environment as they are able to use their own magic to stay exist within the Void at what time their pocket of existence collapses, this permit them to drift across the void. It is unidentified whether there are pockets within the Un-Void; one would anticipate this to exist the case, however so far none have been come across.

Yagrum Bagarn was a Tonal Architect under Kagrenac so I assume he was either complicit with the anti-creation plan or kept in the dark about the true purpose of tinkering with Lorkhan's heart, I tend to believe the latter because he doesn't mention anything about the anti-creation plan when you speak to him, although this could be due to the fact he has corpus and simply just doesn't remember, and therefore wasn't in the outer realms to avoid anything, he was probably doing research of some kind.

They contain Magic right? Maybe something connected to Wraithguard? Yagrum knew how to activate it, maybe there is some sort of magical/spiritual connection to it? Maybe the way to activate it was hidden in the Outer Realms - He hid it there so in case it would fall into the wrong hands? (Explaining why he visited the Outer Realms during that time of the war? He basically deactivated it then, not knowing that his whole race would disappear when he'll be back, but now all he had to do is to wait until the Nerevarine would come). This is probably wrong, but perhaps it isn't.

Another thing to point out supporting the now-verified explanation; The Egg of Time was meant to dispel fears that there were risks. If there was anything that they'd fail to take into account when calculating risks, I'm pretty sure "Azura telling Nerevar about Numidium and as a result the Chimer invade, preventing the Heart from being placed in Numidium after the Dwemer are regressed into divine flesh" would be it.