Thread: Who is Lorkhan in the elder scrolls?

Who is Lorkhan in the elder scrolls?

Hello guys I am playing the elder scroll game from last 1 month. And I am truly pleased in the midst of its performance. But I am having query against with it. Does anyone observe lorkhan in this game? I observer him but I am not getting who exactly he is? I tried to find information about it but not able to get any appropriate information about him. So if anyone knows about him then please share your views with me thank you.

Re: Who is Lorkhan in the elder scrolls?

Lorkhan is a cultural hero, a Trickster in the mythological tradition. He's Raven, Anansi, Coyote, Prometheus stealing fire from the gods to give to humanity. Lorkhan tricked the other gods into creating the Mundus and was punished for it by being torn to pieces, his Heart thrown to the Mundus. But the developer MK wrote something to the effect that "Perhaps he failed so that we wouldn't." Lorkhan is also Shor, Shezzar, Lorkhaj, Sep, and is, essentially, the other half of Akatosh. Some myths say that Lorkhan's heart was ripped out by the gods and shot with an arrow into Mundus by Trinimac, but the Nord myths, possibly others, depict Lorkhan as willingly removing his own heart for the sake of Mundus.

There are two strains of thought on the creation of the Mundus. The elven tradition, with some exceptions, is to say that mortals are a step down from godhood and the elves need to get back to divinity the Creation was a mistake. The human tradition, with some exceptions, is to say that Lorkhan did the right thing in bringing about mortals. This is what I know about it. If you still want to know about it then search it on official site of the elder scrolls.

Nowhere does it say he willingly removed his heart. All myths make it clear that Lorkhan was betrayed by his fellows and his heart was forcefully removed. The Nords in particular make a great deal out of this, because the Elves robbed them of their war chief this way. (Unless they change their mind, of course.) Certain factions in Tamriel, do interpret Lorkhan's overall role in creation as a deliberate failure, so that the inhabitants of the mortal world might know how not to fail. However, this is clearly distinct from the actual story.

The thing with Lorkhan and Akatosh (and again, all their other names count too) is that to themselves and observers, they appear to be distinct beings, but in fact they are not. In their shared delusion, they are simply two mirrored fragments of a bigger entity (and so on) that are completely interchangeable when it comes to name or role. It does not matter whether Akatosh takes Lorkhan's heart or Lorkhan takes Akatosh' heart; you can't tell them apart. This is why they are often flipped around while the rest of the story stays the same.

The Anuad is one of the oldest in this list, being roughly contemporary with the Monomoyth. Notice how the narrative of Lorkhan and Akatosh (disagreement over the mortal world, with an eventual violent death of one of the two) is presented on a different level, with Anu and Padomay. Pay special attention to how it is Padomay (associated with Lorkhan) who stabs Anu's (associated with Akatosh) chest. The location of the wound is a clear analogue of the removal of the heart. We can conclude that even in this ancient text, the roles of the two players can be inverted.

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me (who is not an expert but in the loosest sense qualifies as veteran), since generally by the elven peoples the apocalypse is a good thing, since it frees them, and to humans it's bad because. well, it's a bloody apocalypse, In either case, Auriel/Alduin is responsible for the end and Lorkhan/Shor is generally against him, again with the morality of their actions decided by the cultures that viewed the events. Then Akatosh got created and BOY was they surprised.