Thread: DX11 card not needed to run Hamilton’s Great Adventure

DX11 card not needed to run Hamilton’s Great Adventure

I am just starting this to let all the players of the game to know that you will not need the DX11 card for running the Hamilton’s Great Adventure in your computer. All you will require to have is the Windows 7 or Windows Vista operating system. Other than this, you will just need the DX11 software installed in your computer. So if someone has anything to share on this then he/she is most welcome. Thank you.

Re: DX11 card not needed to run Hamilton’s Great Adventure

Why this game is without Windows XP hold up? People similar to me who at rest include Windows XP cannot play the games like this. I encompass DX10 supporting card other than staying through Windows XP for now. Typically within games at least DX9 otherwise even DX8 is supported in company with newer but not through this game. According to the Steam Hardware Survey, just ~60% of users contain at least DX10 card otherwise newer in conjunction with new system. Many of the positional customers by older hardware are out off the loop that encompasses DX9 as well as XP otherwise older machines.

This is because the game was meant for DX11 that is Windows Vista or Windows 7 only. The query you be supposed to inquire possibly be why it was meant for DX11. I myself don't have a difficulty with it. Windows XP will be approching the end for its update lifecycle in three years, and product hold up for it will gradually taper off because that date draws nearer. For instance, I was dragged as of Windows 2000 Pro kicking as well as screaming for the reason that games stopped supporting it prior to Microsoft ended its lifecycle.

The game engine that they are having is used to construct the game upon is known as Bitsquid. It is a totally fresh engine, and it was meant from ground up to be equipped to exercise every new features which the newer graphic cards contain and greatly being up to utilize every cores of the cpu at similar time. In theory Bitsquid might be mudded to hold up older dx9 tech. But it goes down to money. They are a little company, and they have to cautiously select what to focus on when they make new tech. They cannot pay for to do everything at one time.

I am aware that small businesses do not have all the resources but it is so new engine, is understandable. I think it was also carefully reviewed the decision on his part, leaving the old machines out of the loop instead of being arrogant. Anyway, thank you so much for such a nice explanation about this. I really appreciate you’re your reply. Let’s see what other people say about this in upcoming posts.

Sorry, but I think it's stupid that this game requires Vista/Win7, there are still a lot of computers in them with Windows XP, and developers are reducing by half its sales for no good reason (an extra effort little to add support DX9). I am having Win7/DX11 on my PC, but I would buy this game for my Sister and her PC has XP only. She has no money to replace the OS, especially not for a party. So that's definitely a lost sale.

Read the clarification about why developers are not DX9 companionable. It's an engine problem that runs the game in DirectX 10 + by default in place of backward compatibility with higher levels of DX. What people do not appreciate that if you contain Windows XP, you require to upgrade? And if you have a DX9 card, you need to upgrade? Developers must not be responsible for clients be short of the ability to recognize that expertise advances and not sit within the similar place for 10 years

This is not the type of game will be played by real players. People like me with DX11 cards and systems Win7 are just not interested. Will be played by children and mothers (which is what I buy), the type of people who like simple puzzle game family, and such people do not spend much money on their computers. Do not upgrade (and I do not know how), often years of delay and are often older laptops with GPU. I would say at least half the market for this game still works fine XP or DX9 GPU.