Thread: Bandits in The elder scrolls

Bandits in The elder scrolls

Hey folks, I'm just pondering as to whether or not TES bandits actually organize themselves into large factions much in the same way that other fantasy based bandits do. I know that there are some gangs, like the Black Bow Bandits, but is there any lore or are there any books relating to bandit clans or kingdoms? Any info would help me out of the case and will give me the desired information about the same.

Re: Bandits in The elder scrolls

This is purely my own speculation, but I believe the Black Bow Bandits actually train other bandits in the art of banditry. You see regular Bandits guarding Telepe, and a Black Bow Bandit is inside that one cave that's otherwise only Bandits of the non-Black Bow type. Then there's Rockmilk Cave - why else would Marauders invade a Black Bow Bandit lair if not to try and stop them from spreading Banditry as opposed to Marauderism? I don't know of any other Bandit lairs that get attacked by Marauders.

Fort Nikel does, and there's one other that I've heard of. And there is the Renrijra Krin, remember. They're guerrillas by name, but bandits by action, and seem to have a somewhat structured leadership. Razirr, a member of the Renrijra Krin, seems rather bandin. I always wondered why every hedge wizard I met along the road would feel it necessary to fight to the death with a small dagger.

Oblivion's assorted creeps and trash mobs don't really have much to do with lore. Morrowind had a lot of enemies which didn't make that much sense, but it was mainly a matter of there just being too many of them in too many caves. The way Oblivion has factions of generically-labeled evildoers, racially segregated according to ethnic skill bonuses, using all the same equipment like members of some strange martial cult, rings far too hollow. It's not even worth making something up.

Anyway, I'd think that most bandits would be independent groups formed either before becoming bandits or during the course of upcoming banditry. As to larger groups of bandits, I'd think that either the legion could get rid of something large enough to be considered organized, like the mafia, while not being like the Dark Brotherhood or you don't talk to the bandits, how do you know they aren't all working together . Until you can join a bandit group in TES, they really can't be proven or disproven.