Thread: Which thing bothers you about monomyth in the Elder Scrolls?

Which thing bothers you about monomyth in the Elder Scrolls?

I am playing this game from last few months and it is really one of the best that I have played now the thing there is that I want to know the opinion of other users who are playing the same. I mean is there are any other things which bother then regarding the monomyth in this game. I mean I faced loads of issues while dealing with one of those and I want the others to share their experience with the same.

Re: Which thing bothers you about monomyth in the Elder Scrolls?

For all I understand from the lore - no Et'Ada can truly create. Every Et Ada except for the Et Ada that escaped to Aetherius before Mundus was finished governs its plane and the Et'Ada that became Aedra used theirs to create Mundus. They can however sub create, that's how the Ehlnofey came to be. And that's my first theory - That there's more to sub creation than just the Ehlnofey. I think it'd work like a reverse evolution of sorts. Dragons first later, beasts last. Then stop at a certain point, presumably when Lorkhan dropped his spark.

It mentions the Aedra and Daedra, the spirits that partook in creation and those who didn't. Together they are part of a larger collection called the et'Ada, which means spirits. When you think about it for a while, all change is creation and creation is change. What you can atribute to the Aedra thought is that they did create Mundus and that the Daedra didn't, but only immitated what they saw in their own realms. Also in some readings it is even suggested that the creation of Mundus transformed the Ada who didn't participate in creation or outright created the Daedra.

The second theory is that the landmass where the hist and argonians survived the creation of Mundus wasn't the only one and more races from the original planes survived. And indeed some of the other races or beasts are the original lower Aedra. Just a guess for some of these, but maybe it's like the Australian aboriginal myths. There was a time when humans and animals alike were spirits. Maybe Tamriel's animals are the descendants of the gods/spirits, the way the mortals are.

I would debate your ordering but there isn't enough source material to argue any way. Either way the Heart of the World and the Annual mentions some aspects of it. As for the original question, there are two readings about one that he stabilized the world when people were trapped between plants and man or mer, or they were trapped between plants, animals and man or mer. Faith in the Empire has the latter one, Words of the Clan mother the former. So animals weren't so much created, but rather they were forced to remain animal

I still can't really decide if Akatosh was the first original soul that made time to help the other Et'Ada form, and then helped create mundus, or if all Et'Ada formed first and akatosh only made time after mundus was created to stabilize it. The first would negate the claims of the scriptures you mentioned. Unless it all happened at once. Which would be sort of logical as there was no time for it to happen any other time. Anyway. More of my rambling. What I think about the Et'Ada: It doesn't matter if they're inclined towards Anu or Pandomay or both, doesn't matter if they became Aedra or Daedra.

They've all got something in common. They are threefold. They're both the limitless planes that appear as spheres to the mortal eye, they're their planes as they appear on the inside, and they're also what they like to represent as themselves. They're all of that and without one there can't be the other. Going out from this logic - my claims are that the Daedra aren't trying to imitate Mundus for their planes are themselves and represent what they are, believe they to be or want other to believe they are. Ok perhaps they might be trying to imitate Mundus. However they already had to have their planes before Mundus was created if my theory is correct.

But yes, this would mean that Mundus was created from what some of the will-be-Aedra thought of themselves at the time. And some of the today's races might be the lower would-be-aedra that occupied their planes at the time. That's what I based my reasoning on. Some might claim that such theorem is undoubtedly false as there are no visible planets of the Daedra. Indeed, but that's because they're not in Mundus. Some might claim that that's impossible because that would mean that the visible planets mean that some Aedra still have their own planes. This is might be true. Consider, Akatosh has his own lower Aedra that don't appear on Nirn except in time of a dragon break.