Thread: Are vampires are undead in The Elder Scrolls

Are vampires are undead in The Elder Scrolls

Hello guys I am playing this game from last 1 month and I am pleased with this game. But still I am having one of more important question about it. Are vampires are undead in The Elder Scrolls? When the PC becomes a vampire, does s/he become undead as well? I am not able to understand why this is showing like it. Does anyone be acquainted with about it? I try to find about this on official site of this game but not getting any proper solution so please if anyone know then share it with us thank you.

Re: Are vampires are undead in The Elder Scrolls

In DF, it made it so that you did die, or make it looked like you died. Since Morrowind and Oblivion, you are not dead. Also, vampirism is a disease created by either Molag Bal, Vaernima or both, though most myths say it came from when Molag Bal [censored] a (insert country's race) lady, and dropped some blood on her, back in some early era. It was also done to create a mockery of Arkay. You're not dead initially, but there are vampires who lived past the average life span, and would likely die if cured. (Dark Brotherhood vampire in Oblivion, and Countess Skingrad for example.)

I think that when speaking in terms of Lore you are undead, but in terms of the game you’re not (Because there´s no special effect that makes you undead or anything like that… and people don't seem to think of you as undead when you speak to them). This doesn't contradict the idea of vampires as undead: disease can kill you (make you undead) and death can be "cured", you can be brought back to life (in fantasy).

Arkay probably flips out and smacks them down for living so long. Or it could be due to old age and the fact that their vampirism is the only thing keeping them alive. Although I think that in the Countess' case it was due to her weakness after not feeding for such a long time (could be wrong; only did that quest once). That was the suggestion in Daggerfall. Once you'd become a vampire, you reawoke at the nearest graveyard, and all of your positions within the guilds and temples were erased. You were assumed dead by the populace, and all your legal reputation and rankings with the guilds were wiped.

Or you never die in the first place; you enter into a state similar to hibernation with an almost unrecognizable pulse and enter metamorphosis afterward. If your vitals drop far enough, you could be mistaken as dead. The locals wouldn't know the difference. The subject actually dieing needlessly complicates matters, and the fact that the subject can actually be cured by a specially prepared potion implies that vampirism does not actually kill the victim. If it did, the cure would have to simultaneously reverse the vampiric effect and resurrect them, and we have no reason to believe this is what is happening.

If you were undead, I'd suspect your heart wouldn't be beating anymore. Which means no bloodflow? No bloodflow means any stomach working; no stomach working means any digestion of potions. No digestion of potions means no cure or digesting blood. It could easily get into the blood system by diffusion, but actually making it go around the body would be nearly impossible. Dead bodies don't even bleed unless there are certain circumstances.

The undead are creatures whose bodies have either died or gone to a state of complete near death in which the only thing sustaining them is the magic binding them or their own force of will. You can extend this to all types of undead, but essentially, the body begins to decompose while some semblance of the mind remains. That semblance is greater or lesser depending on the type, but something from the original mind is always sacrificed. The creature's body, as mentioned, rots away, leaving a walking decomposing corpse, walking skeleton, or roaming ghost behind, limited only by the force keeping them animated. There is nothing about that that anyone can do about it. Hence why liches don't try to rejuvenate themselves.