Thread: Skyrim Lore in the elder scrolls

Skyrim Lore in the elder scrolls

What is known about Skyrim lore? How much is known about Skyrim lore? Where to find it? Whole people with guilty consciences? How do they survive like that, hunted by their past. I am guessing this is the starting location for TES 5. While I am not agree with the names and proper names, this notion of words having power beyond just purely communication purposed is most interesting. Is this simple Lore explanation of game mechanics and features available in TES 5? Or vice versa? Walking targets for the any archer on the wall of the city. How do they defend against that? Or was this a technique largely unknown to their foes?

Re: Skyrim Lore in the elder scrolls

Atmora, Yokuda, Tamriel, and Akavir used to be connected until the wars between Old and Wandering Ehlnofey seperated them. Both can be true. Of course, if you want to choose, we know for a fact Atmora exists, and it's generally accepted that nords migrated from there to Tamriel. So both are correct and at the same time, both are each correct by themselves without negating the validity of the other. It is the TES way I guess. Just seemed like a contradiction at first. It doesn't say anything about the Thu'um, they could have been a mile away.

One thing to remember: whenever someone says "they don't exist [anymore]" in the Elder Scrolls series, it means that they actually do. Happened to vampires and werewolves and dwemer in ESIII, and to dragons and giants in ESV. I'm quite confident the Falmer are still out there and playing all sorts of petty tricks on hapless villagers! That would be a good guess, and I like your thinking on this, but I'm quite sure that the PC is beginning in Whiterun Hold, as that is where Riverwood (supposedly the first town you visit) is located.

The formation they assume is an actual Viking formation (not sure about the original rendering of the word, but the formation was called "hog's snout" or similar) used to break enemy formations (or in this case gates). I imagine them raising their shields over their heads in the Roman testudo fashion to protect from most arrows/bolts. Destined to ultimately surpass the Graybeards in power? Because he (she) will play (not slay) Alduin? Like, "I pwn they avatar by the power of my shout!"?

So Falmer might show up? Maybe even in Skyrim? No! I want my Nords to be the guilty conscience people! Falmer must not exist anymore! But seriously, I think it is better to keep some things non-existent. falmer being one. Bring back Chimer (Vivec and Almalexia don't count, they are gods). Whiterun Hold, Riverwood. Why there though? Seems more logical to go with The Reach. But I guess that would have been too easy and too predictable.

How did he fly up to the Skyrim's mountains? Why invisible when down here? Because then it was not the time for them to actively appear and carry out Alduin's bidding of deep frying Tamriel for his consumption? Sort of like stealthy scouts among men and mer, scouting the world for the master before the invasion? So in case with Dragons at least, M'aiq the Liar did not lie. Just the opposite, gave away clues. If he was not Easter egg, I’d suspect him to be an avatar of, say, Sheogorath? Since, you know, he is messing with your PC's head.

However, Nords don't seem to hate mer as much as they are said to. They still hate mer, but they didn't seem to care about the Aldmeri Dominion. And they still don't if they're rebelling if the Dominion is still around by the time of Skyrim. Just because they tell tales of the hated Falmer deserving it doesn't mean they're going to do it again. I also think it's interesting that Winterhold, the supposedly very Dunmer city, is near Windhelm, the supposed rebel city. I'd like to see what comes of this.