Thread: Vampires and Werewolves in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Vampires and Werewolves in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Here I just say that, I play many games of Bethsoft and I just like to play all this game. Also play TES and mostly like Vampires and Werewolves. So neither of them is confirmed right? I just want to make sure I haven’t missed anything. This two are really great part of the game. Anyone3 have any news about this? Or anyone have any idea that is there any of this is there in TES Skyrim? Please let me know if anyone has any update about this.

Re: Vampires and Werewolves in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Skyrim, lore-wise, has a whole bunch of vampire clans, including one (the Volkihar Clan) that lives at the bottom of frozen lakes, can freeze their victims with their breath (sounds like a Dragon Shout to me, what with the frost dragon in the e3 footage) and can reach through the ice to grab their victims, without breaking the ice. So, it's safe to say that vampires are in, though werewolves are less certain.

Vampires are a safe bet because some show up in Skyrim and lore and they are in all previous games, and their easy to make: player gets infected- make him uglier, pale, and give him some stat boosts and powers. Werecreatures make sense because I think Skyrim seems to be their origin and a good place for hircine to show up in the most. But because of difficulties in animation change from human to beast I really doubt Werecreatures will be in. I hope against hope that they make it into the game though!

Although I can see Vampires being un-joinable, especially if all vampires live in the bottom of frozen lakes, that would be one boring game-play mechanic. Unless. Vampires from Cyrodiil travelled to Skyrim during the Infernal City and there are now clans of them in Skyrim now. Werewolves, I think should be added, but I guess it will be like Horses, it'd have to be done right to be plausible, especially seeing the quality shown during the G4tv and GTTV game-play videos.

The fact they can reach through ice and drag people through without breaking the ice, too me makes me think they will be un-playable unless they only use the fact they only leave their dens to feed and completely ignore the ice-grabbing stuff in Skyrim and just say that it was just folk-lore, so there would be some playability, but I can see that certain type of Vampire un-playable hence the fact I mentioned Cyrodiilic vampires migrating into Skyrim in events after the Oblivion Crisis or they make up some more vampire clans in Skyrim just for the purpose of adding vampires.

The Cyrodiilic Vampires wouldn't stand a chance against Skyrim's Vampires. The Vampires in Skyrim are older and stronger. The Vampire clan in Cyrodiil is a bit tame/sneaky, much like the Berne in Morrowind, while the Vampire clans in Skyrim (The Volkihar are only one of the clans, they're in eastern Skyrim) are more like Morrowind's Quarra, absolutely brutal monstrosities. They are by far more physically powerful than Cyrodiil's Vampires, not to mention the fact that the Blood Matron, Lamae Beolfag herself, is in Skyrim.

They are tame and sneaky like the Berne, as you said. Seridur hypnotized a victim in the Imperial City. They are also good spell users, as you know from the spells you receive in Oblivion. And they make great warriors, since their Hand to hand, blade and blunt is increased as well. I suppose the Cyrodiilic clan is the best vampire clan we know so far. Hell, they walk in daylight and can look like a next door neighbor. Lamae is the blood matron, yes. But we simply do not know which clans were created after her. It could have been the Volkihar or even the Cyrodiilic vampires.

I do hope so, I love playing Morrowind because the additions of vampires and their respective clans as well as werewolves were so wonderfully done by BGS, though my affinity for the Elder Scrolls series runs deeper than just having these two creatures in-game. I would be terribly disappointed if they were not in as Skyrim seems to set the stage perfectly in lore and setting for their inclusion. I truly hope they do it right though, and by that I mean I want vampire clan's and missions and what not. Even if it’s a side quest. As far as werewolves go I'd like to see some type of storyline for it involving a pack.