Thread: Hate Duke Nukem Forever because of differences to Duke 3D clone

Hate Duke Nukem Forever because of differences to Duke 3D clone

Anyone said that this was meant to be a Duke 3D clone, remake? All the recording of previous versions of the game has shown that this was not at all meant to be a Duke 3D clone, or remake. This is not a Duke3D remake. "Duke Nukem has all the time been about the character". "They need something to play". It started as a side-scrolled. There aren't just 3 Duke Nukem games which have ever been made.

Re: Hate Duke Nukem Forever because of differences to Duke 3D clone

If you met the makers face to face, I greatly doubt they would disagree as they look to love their character, and know what the games are actually about. And the video are words out of their mouth. "Humor", "fun". "Focus on the character". "Too childish, doesn't take itself gravely". "Duke has at all times been regarding the character". Like throwing poop around. Thus far from what I have seen the game has all the stuffs they felt made Duke Nukem over the years.

We have had halo, two arms, protect regen. Later halos characteristic health regen and shield regen. We have had cod, featuring two stick limit and health regen, linear and conceal and seek gameplay. Now we have halo of duty: modern forever. What people actually needed with Duke Nukem Forever was the old school genre back, but in its place we get rewarded with linear, Halo-like gameplay. Paradoxically sufficient, Halo hasn't distorted its gameplay all through the series, because you don't wedge with a franchise like that. If you are making a sequel, give what people liked regarding it and more. Not the other way around it.

It's not badly planned, though. You are just distress from expectations. It utilizes modern game play fairly, but that is not beside the root of Duke Nukem games. Sorry, if you met the unique creators face to face they wouldn't concur with you. The video quotes are obvious. And once more, Duke has all the time been about the character, and there have been lot of games as 3D that did not follow its method and as well the behind the scene footage for previous Duke Forever versions was not anything like 3D.

That's all here say. You don't know what choices was 3D Realm's or gearbox’s except you address the troubles single handedly and can present an actual source. If I heard right the 2 gun plan was George's idea, but it’s all here’s say. And, to the extent that what the unique makers considered significant in the videos all over the net, they nailed this game. And Duke 1 and 2 were in fact major hits, and I greatly hesitation that people haven't played the other titles later than 3D.

My hope actually weren't that high. I have no trouble with modern gameplay if it's well executed. I am pretty aware DNF was not at all like DN3D. But the previous version had mod tools, you could bear lots of guns at one time, and the ego system in fact worked like an ego system. You didn't sit at the back of a rock, you kicked back to get strength back. And obviously Duke himself is a massive part of the game. But Duke would not sit at the back of a rock. He would take out his leading weapon and make those alien pay.