Thread: Has Nerevarine returned in the elder scrolls

Has Nerevarine returned in the elder scrolls

As we all know from out play trough’s in Oblivion, the Nerevarine has gone on an expedition to Akavir. And as we also know, the Dragons featured in Skyrim are from Akavir. It’s a Coincidence? Maybe he sparked something off? What are your speculations on the story? I'm not sure if there is any other post similar to this, I had a good look around and didn't find any, so don't complain about there already being one. What you guys think on it? Please share your replies thank you.

Re: Has Nerevarine returned in the elder scrolls

Perhaps he was the rock that caused the avalanche so to speak. And he is immortal; maybe he will make a return. The ultimate MW reference. Nowhere does it say these dragons are of the Akavir. I think these are of the old Tamriel dragons. Not to mention this is like 200 years after oblivion. I'm sure the neraverine died as he/she lived, violently. I mean over 200 years of fighting, everyone makes mistakes some times. Or assassins don't always wake you up before they attack.

Technically the Nerevarine is responsible for virtually everything bad that's happened to Morrowind from Oblivion onwards, including the destruction of two Great Houses and the province getting exploded by the moon. Theoretically, the events of Morrowind's plot also weakened the barriers around the Mundus and helped the Mythic Dawn to start the Daedric invasion. What a jerk. But it's still a great game, that Morrowind.

I don't know, but the whole dramatic ancient stone mural "waking up" bit suggested to me that these were ancient Tamrielic dragons, from before the days of Tiber Septim. The old book series King Edward suggests that they were much easier to come by before man increased their stranglehold on the continent. Besides, I'm tired of hearing about Akavir. Seriously, can't we just keep them all secret and mysterious?

Nerevar has been dead since the first era, which is two era's before Morrowind. The Nerevarine, on the other hand, can definitely still be alive because he was basically immortal due to the prophecy and Azura's blessing (the Nerevarine was never divine, since (s) he’s just the reincarnation). So the outcome of the Tribunal and Morrowind would have no effect on the Nerevarine's immortality. You have to remember that Mysterious Akavir is pretty dubious at best, and by now it's outdated. King Edward is hardly what I'd call legitimate, and more of a fantasy story in a fantasy game.