Thread: Daedra in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Daedra in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

From the footage I have seen and the articles I have read there has been little mention of Daedra in Skyrim. There are still going to be Daedra in Skyrim won't there? I hope so, I like fighting the Daedra, and considering that the Daedra are such a staple in TES it would be really weird to not have Dremoras, Clan fears and so on. Does anyone know if Daedra will be in Skyrim? Please let me know if anyone has any idea on this.

Re: Daedra in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

We certainly pray so. The Dragon Priest did summon a Frost Atronoch’s, and those are elemental Daedra, so it seems likely. In all likelihood they will show up as a rare enemy type in certain witch covens/ conjouerer lairs etc, and also will likely be tied into one of the side quests, which generally deal with plotlines, dangers and villains totally unconnected to the main storyline. The Devs have already confirmed that there will be hosts of quests to do that have absolutely nothing to do with Alduin and his dragons, and The Daedra will probably have starring roles in a couple of these.

Maybe the dragons are sent by Daedra? And we occasionally see a Daedra popping up dragons back with a minigun firing at you? Would be awesome, but yeah I bet they are in and I am sure they have something to do with the mass breeding dragons. Maybe that is why Todd doesn't mention Daedra? Because they are story related and are considered spoilers. I believe there will be Daedra (not Daedra) in Skyrim, as they have been in every other TES game except Arena.

Look closer and you can see the words "Frost Atronach" under or above the health bar of the creature that pops up. Don´t remember exactly where and I don´t care to check, but it´s there somewhere, I remember that at least. That's not the story at all. It's about Alduin eating the world, not Daedra. A Frost Atronach was in the gameplay demo, so Daedra are confirmed. I also believe they confirmed that some Daedric Princes will be involved in the gameplay in some way. Most likely a few shrine quests.

It's always fun to kick their butts, and I wouldn't mind daedric armor in this one too, to see what look they go with and how it looks with the new graphics, maybe make it less of the end all be all heavy armor though, since I can imagine there being a lot of types of armor in Skyrim (hopefully more than oblivion had, I liked Morrowind for its mass amounts of armor and the ability to equip one gauntlet of this and one of that and shoulder pad here none there. it made for a nice customization)

Daedra will be in the game. However, I don't know what role they play this time. As long as they aren't the main antagonists this time (which they aren't, Alduin is, as far as we know) I will be fine. I am getting a little tired of blaming the Daedra for every crisis in Tamriel, minus Morrowind. The bad guys need new blood. As far as Daedra are concerned, you can't have an Elder Scrolls without Daedra in some form.

I personally wouldn't care if a few Daedra wouldn't return. I think that Dremoras are essential though and need to be kept. I as well think frost fire Atronoch’s should return. But not the scamps and Daedroth they need to sit Skyrim out. It's the dragons turn. I think they need to bring in the tsaesci in Skyrim considering they tried to invade Skyrim once and made a big culture change there. Akaviri are reserved for a future TES so they won't appear until it is their time to be main villains.