Thread: People are complaining since game Duke Nukem Forever is not like duke 3d

People are complaining since game Duke Nukem Forever is not like duke 3d

Okay, so I have not received my game or anything yet, but I'm a little tired of people shouting that this is not enough because its 3d Duke had things missing. This is not 3d duke nor was meant to be. This is modern times and modern, if you want Duke 3D so bad, go play instead of always. Note that this game is called "Duke Nukem Forever" and not "Duke Nukem 3D 2." They are also trying to make the game sell. Do you actually believe people now, in 2011, buy a game that looks a lot like a game from 1996 when you could buy a new game such as BF3 or MW3? Many people are also saying "why is this game like this when it was in development for so many years?" Remember, this game was rejected twice. It's as if people do not even want to enjoy the game, you want to complain in the forums about how it's not like Duke 3D and do not meet your standards. Please let me see you make a game like this. The Duke wants to 3d are only longing, face it, this is the modern Duke.

Re: People are complaining since game Duke Nukem Forever is not like duke 3d

Well back to the ancient games. I admit I miss the old Duke 3D and time to kill, but I'm not going to complain that it is not always like them. It's what's good for sales and GearBox. Just wait for mods to come out, I'm sure will come in time and is to your liking. But that cannot be true for some of you, but for many the "14 years of development" is something that often stops at. Let’s wait for the game to get released.

That's not even the case? It is quite obvious that this game was not designed around your current game. The game was designed to play as much as Duke 3D, but then shit like Ego Bar and 2 sets of weapons were turned in the last minute hoping that the consoles had better weapons are not even balanced around 2 weapon system, FFS! This is not "modern" Duke. This is sold Duque. This is cheap Duque. And when all is said and done, if Gearbox cannot release modding tools while people are still interested, Duke 3D is the game people will play at Duke, and forget this game and after 14 years , DNF deserves a little more. We did not expect much more.

I'm not confident I agree that it is not a legitimate complaint. 14 to work in the game that I have heard an account that says that any part of this game says it should have had 14 years or two years to make. All I hear about the game that screams at his age is your chart to be a bit dated, which is sad. 14 years! Even Blizzard has long development cycles! Most people did not expect that 3D Realms to deliver perfection to rant about their "When you" shit but most did not expect a game to play and it felt like Duke. Well, we had a game that played like Duke. We sent a game that feels like Duke, and worthwhile. At day's end, however, people have good reason to be disappointed, especially with 3D Realms; I would not believe what he deserves when closed.

You have to remember that not working 14 years in this particular game was much more than this game is what it came down because they thought it was not enough and, finally, that the parties had cut it, since it was not compatible with the current engine, even now the engine is not stable enough. If he really wanted to bring this title should have been done on any engine of an earthquake amended as Doom 3 and Quake 4 Our only hope is that it is patched and smoothed out. I have to say that the single player game rocked! Although I expected more from him because of all the previous trailers, but as right now I'm glad you came.

Even if this is not full of half truths and naive optimism, I say this is justified in this game taking 14? I mean you want to talk about the games that were undergoing great changes; we will compare it with something else as Team Fortress 2. 8 years developing a game completely different from what began as. Went from a realistic and militaristic cartoon update TFC. At that point, Valve has launched several projects and several other games in that time as well as a completely new engine which was made from the beginning! 3D Realms instead took 12 years working in any other game of Duke Nukem Forever, and at the end of the day, we have something feels funny, but mean. When all is said and done, delivering 3D Realms game that feels like a worthy successor to the Duke, but does not play as such and it is. 14 years to make a half-game.

The thing is that games used to offer fewer of the hand. While ultimately, the point of most games has to go from point A to point B, the best games allow many ways of getting there, and subtle play different experiences. Majority of games these days that are not deliberately sandbox games do not offer this freedom, and you're stuck on a straight road is pretties up for the environment is expansive, but eventually goes in a straight line. The previous map allows you to take different routes and using different tactics, and often different orders of the way of doing things, making the game feel more like play and less like an interactive tour.