Thread: Tier III Buildings are useless in Empires & Allies

Tier III Buildings are useless in Empires & Allies

The Tier III Oil Well and Lumber Mill are wastes of cash. They start with a single time interval: 1 Hour / 750 Coins / 94 Resource. And they don't upgrade to another time interval until Level 39. 1 Hour is a LOUSY wait period. Unless you're going to be hanging around the house all day, you either want your resources quickly, or you want to invest in a longer time to get more resources for less energy. I would much rather stick with the 15 Minute / 500 Coins / 58 Oil option from the Tier II Oil Well (they already have five different interval options at Level 27, ranging from 15 minutes to 18 hours). Especially since a Tier III Oil Well has an obnoxious cost of 13,500 Coins / 1350 Wood / 40 Ore to create?

Re: Tier III Buildings are useless in Empires & Allies

It's mostly a warning so people don't invest in them when they first become available, because from Level 25-38 they're glorified paperweights, and only marginally better than that afterwards. Since they lack 15-minute "farming" periods, they will all the time be inferior to the Tier II buildings unless they drastically break with the formula for the higher-duration profit margins. Long durations save energy, but while you get 500 energy in a day, it's not like you have any real shortage of it.

I am at a standstill struggling to understand why even Tier II buildings are worth it. The coins per unit go down in every time slot. I haven't re-worked the numbers yet but I assume it gives you an advantage on how much you can get vs how much land you have available. Can some of the numbers people break this further down for us, as in what buildings (oil/lumber/ore) are worthwhile per levels? So T3 for L39+ and below L39 stick to T1.

This is a slightly modified copy / paste from a post I made earlier. It's very incomplete as I wasn't high enough level at the time. I would have assumed that oil / wood / ore all follow this trend though.

Oil Well I:

• 5 mins - 10 coins per unit
    • 15 mins - 9.1 coins per unit
    • 1 hr - 8.6 coins per unit
    • 4 hr - 8.3 coins per unit
    • 8 hr - 7.7- coins per unit
    • 12 hr - 7.2 coins per unit
    • 1 day - 6.7 coins per unit

Oil Well II:

• 15 mins - 8.6 coins per unit
    • 4 hr - 8 coins per unit
    • 8 hr - 7.4 coins per unit

I guess I looked at it wrong the first time. It is actually cheaper for the upgraded units. The construction costs are really expensive though. Damn, guess I am upgrading.

Here I just say that, it’s not much of a guide but it does give a little insight. Energy consumption is the biggest thing that isn't shown though; if you have access to the game all day I have found that the 4 hour mark is a quite good sweet spot, just a hunch though and after that there is the decision to when to upgrade, because of construction costs. I can safely say at 25 and higher you’re probably better off with tier II.

Unless you don't have any neighbors that sell Wood or Oil, I don't see why. If they have uncollected ORE, sure, click on that like it's going out of style. You can sell that for 200 coins each, so at Tier 1 it's worth 400 coins and Tier 2 it's worth 800. But Wood or Oil is only worth 20 coins each. Harvesting a completed Farm (100 coins = 5 items) is better than harvesting a completed Tier II Wood/Ore resource (4 items = 80 coins). And accelerating any property (50 coins) is better than harvesting a Tier I Wood/Ore resource (2 items = 40 coins).

Yea, I got A LOT of neighbors - but it's hard to find a neighbor that sells wood. Occasionally a couple will put 100 or so up and there for a bit I was buying them out and at a standstill short. I am actually up to over 9,000 woods - so I'm not low anymore. But for the most part- I invade a lot and coins is NOT an issue for me, so I don't look at what makes the most "profit" - but what is most useful - and wood, oil, and ore's that I do not produce are the things I try to collect if I can as I help neighbors.