Thread: How to deal with hate mail and Irrational debates in Empires & Allies

How to deal with hate mail and Irrational debates in Empires & Allies

Today I got a message from a fellow I added from the E&A Page on Facebook. I didn't do much except do the usual give gifts and help him with his empire, however the day after I needed coins, so I invaded him along with others on my list (personally I would rather defend friends). He messaged me the next day having a go at me and accusing me off attacking "free area" (I assume he meant undefended) with 5 units. If the area was undefended then why would I use 5 units to attack? He doesn't seem to understand that the computer adds units in at random when defending as a player (me) invades, he had 3-4 (can't remember, I have the memory of a goldfish). Or am I missing something?

Re: How to deal with hate mail and Irrational debates in Empires & Allies

Sounds like he's taking it a bit too seriously (and yeah, sounds very young too, wonder what his age is), it IS a war/fighting game, and you have the option of visiting or invading. I personally am not into invading my friends, or really anyone else (yeah, I'm not much of a fighter, but, I kept getting requests to join the game so am giving it a try, it's great so far for those that like this kind of game, and a lot better than My Empire!), anyway, good luck with the guy, hope he'll stop writing you hate mail soon. I think what I'd do is ignore it, and delete it each time he writes or maybe un-friend him. I don't know. Good luck.

If you don't want anyone to conquer a part of your empire easily then make sure everything is defended by the best troops you can make. It's a war game and you are going to be attacked and lose troops and resources. Even the quests make you attack your neighbors. Unless someone is actually paying real money to buy units and not expecting them to get destroyed (which I severely hope someone isn't without realizing this), I don't see any reason to get upset. It's not like other games where you can actually conquer their empire indefinitely or destroy it completely.

I sent my neighbor a similar message, but a little nicer. I have clusters of 9 undefended buildings for invaders to attack (e.g. 9 woodmills, 9 oilwells, 9 ore mines, and so on). Those way invaders can get money, wood, oil, or ores. When they invade, they only meet the minimal resistance of 2 random tier 1 units. Note, I want neighbors to invade me, but I want to be able to repel the attack afterwards.

A few of my neighbors are much higher rank than me. I hate when they invade with 5 high tier units when 1-2 units would have won. Yes, I can ask 3 other neighbors to help repel. But instead I try to send a nice message asking if they can invade with fewer units, say 3 at most. So far (2) of them didn’t know and agreed to send less units. If they didn’t agree, I would just un-friend them. I wouldn’t be upset if they wanted to play that way. In my opinion this scenario is a win-win. They get to invade and get lots of resource with minimal resistance and I get to repel the attack (as long as they only invade with 3 or less units).

I am in the similar boat as honey. I purposely leave areas undefended so that it becomes a win-win situation. If you end up attacking with 5 tier 4 units, then I will incur losses in repelling your forces or have to end up spamming friends to get rid of your troops for the automatic boot. If the latter ends up happening, I can again station troops all around my resources and make it so that it'll cost you more to invade than its value, but this doesn't really produce much benefit for either party.

I am not mad, and I did not send hate, I set up a free area like Honey, with no units defending, and you attacked with 5, when I asked why, and not to do it again, you were like your higher level deal with it. simple fact, you ask me to be a friend, you act out, I will unfriend, there are plenty of people who want win, there are lots of nice people who want free areas, to get lots of wood/coins/oil/ore, why should I deal with the mean ones. I did not once attack the OP in a FB message, I said "you ask to be my friend, and then attack a free area, with 5 troops”