Thread: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: G4 Dragon Priest weird Animation

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: G4 Dragon Priest weird Animation

I know some are complaining about the ragdoll physics, but I don't mind them. But remember in the G4 footage when the dragon Priest comes out of his coffin and flings his arms and his gown flap shoots out. Anyway, I thought his animation looked really unrealistic. What's weird is I think all the other animations in the game look amazing, just awesome, so I'm wondering why this one guy's looks so silly. Call me picky, but I plan on dealing with a lot of Dragon Priests in my playthrough as a Warlock, so they might as well move as nicely as everything else in the game.

re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: G4 Dragon Priest weird Animation

A floating undead dragon priest's animation 'looked really unrealistic' seriously? I have no problem with the footage, he floats that’s why he moves like so. Love the way he disintegrates at the end! You say: I'm saying he didn't move like a humanoid, and being around humans every day, and being one myself, I know how they move. His floating around and fighting was great, it's just that one entrance animation. Dude I'm a human too (crazy right!) and if I was in a coffin for X amount of years I'd be stretching too. If I had powers to be undead of course, oh and float.

I don't know, the priest looks good to me. But his summon looks like waste. I am hoping that it is some form of a placeholder. I actually thought the whole Dragon Priest thing was an undersold part of the demo. I thought the whole thing was awesome, from when he popped out of the coffin, to when he burned to death via fireball. As well, if nothing else, it shows some rudimentary clothing physics, it's better than it being stiff as a board.

Yeah, the summoning was too cool, they've really improved that, and the clothes burn awesomely too. But I didn’t stretch when I came out of my coffin for 200 years, I dealt with it. OK, it was too nitpicky, and no one else seemed to notice. Not a big deal at all, I guess. It's at a standstill game of the decade to me. Bethesda's animations were always a weak point but I hope they spend the next five months smoothing them.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: G4 Dragon Priest weird Animation

I can just enjoy all of these new (in my opinion) absolutely stunning games without nitpicking all the little details. I wonder if there is any correlation between when someone grew up and how picky they are with graphics. Are people born past the mid 1990s more likely to be picky, since they grew up when graphics were already (in my opinion) quite stunning? I remember being really impressed by the NES, and all the advancements since then have blown me away.