Thread: Beast Races in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Beast Races in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Are shoes confirmed? The screen shots of the khajiit didn't show its feet. I would love to have shoeless beast races. No such thing as being put at a disadvantage in a one-player game. It just adds to the difficulty. Anyone here has any idea or any suggestion on this? Please let me know if anyone gets any further information on this. I truly eager to know this. So please let me know and start on discuss on this.

Re: Beast Races in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

You DO realize that greaves were combined with another armor slot, so it's either with boots or chest pieces, if the former, that's TWO slots taken away from Khajiit and Argonians, if the latter, they're simplifying it that far and I wouldn't put money on them adding a render of all the boots in game for aft-jointed legs. And keep in mind that this isn't just an armor slot, it's an enchantment slot. You're asking for something that would gimp Khajiit and Argonians a LOT more than you think.

This game isn't being built to your liking; it's being built to make as many games as happy as possible. The whole "just up their natural abilities" idea is asinine because then after you buff the hell out of the beast races to make them look cool and keep the difficulty level of playing them the same as other races, people playing the other races will whine about how "These guys start with moar <insert whatever here or they have a seriously OP power! Bethesda is playing favs!" If they just loosely re-mesh the feet so they look a bit more animalistic while keeping them in the constraints of a boot, then it keeps the game balanced.

Well seeing in the dark and moving more silently and a little faster (I should hope) and jumping a little better/higher is kind of a universal advantage and maybe Bethesda even added more advantages to Khajiit and Argonians this time around like:

1. scaly skin: gives a bonus armor value to Argonians
    2. Feral lunge: as a Khajiit you have a special forward lunge that can give you a fighting advantage or provide a quick dodge/escape in certain situations (avoiding a last minute trap or dodging a fire ball or a dragon fire run, etc)

See it’s simple, and I'm 70% sure Argonians and Khajiit have beast legs this time

They're not so great. Thanks to attributes, any race could be just as powerful as any race, except for special perks such as 50% resistance to magick, berserk, and a few others that permanently outperform other races. Now a faster skill progression would be awesome. Bosmers increasing their marksman faster, orcs increase their heavy armor faster, etc. That would be worthwhile in my opinion. You know, I might make a thread on this.

Having no shoes isn't just aesthetics, it changes gameplay. For example my Argonians in MW never got poisoned by a trap, but he could never wear the boots of blinding speed. Or in the thieves guild in Oblivion if one couldn't wear shoes, then they would have trouble in the last mission. They would have to find another way to boost their acrobatics skill. These little changes in a beast race play through do add depth; it reminds you that you’re playing a character that is different from everyone else

Beast feet for beast races add more immersion. Of course you can say that it's hard to think of yourself as of a bipedal lizard with no shoes, but it's your own problem. If you want to play any race you should get over its advantages and disadvantages. This discussion reminds me of Mortal Kombat forums discussions "Oh, they've made Baraka unplayable and he is a low tier!" You'd better learn to play every specific character (race on that TES occasion) then whine about a removed slot for enchanting, armor, etc.

You may like being limited in game and restricted from some real good items, but I don't. And that fall would kill you if your acrobatics skill wasn't high enough. "Oh, let’s add in shoes, make the Khajiit and Argonians get them like everyone else, and tell them to use the boots to survive a multi-story drop. But they can't use them because they have aft-jointed legs." RESULT: Whatever the hell is in the sewers will be eating well tonight because the beast race player just hit the floor so hard that he molecularly binded to it.