Thread: Will The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim be dropped down

Will The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim be dropped down

We keep seeing screens from the Xbox version. Then we get word that it will be a console game, then ported to the PC. Does this worry anyone? The Console simply does not have the power, or keys to have a proper elder scrolls game. With the advent of what I call the "Hardcore casual" gamer. With games like Madden, and the new COD and other games like it I am worried that Skyrim will be completely simplified, with a horrible interface. Please don't screw us PCers out of a good game.

Re: Will The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim be dropped down

To a degree yes it will be "dumb down" no way around that it’s not an exclusive platform title it’s a multiplatform. Even Battlefield 3 has been dumb down and it was "created" for PC. Now there is a fine line between on how far it would go. If I see "Press Start" on the main menu on PC like Crysis 2 that is too far. I think that the only real thing that will be affected will be the UI, and PC users could just download a mod for it.

TES started on the computer, they design it with computers, and they have always offered awesome computer versions. They are showing 360 screens, etc. as a marketing scheme. I'm a console gamer because I don't have the money for a good PC (yet), but you shouldn't be worried. Inb4 torrent of people screaming Dumbing down isnt streamlining even both means simplifying. And people merely focusing on the word and how it makes them feel rather than how it translates in the game, frankly these threads really aren't worth it anymore.

Everything has to be created on a computer yes, that doesn't mean the game will utilize top or even mid range computer hardware in vanilla. The game hasn't been dumbed down. It's still pretty in-line with previous Elder Scroll games. I'm tired of this attitude that RPGs released today are simple and removed everything that made RPGs back in the 90s complex. Guess what? I was just playing Ultima Underworld 1 today and that doesn't have a single stat in it. That game came out in like 1992.

I think Bethesda learned from their mistakes on how conformed and generic TES4 was made. From what I have seen so far it looks like they are trying to take the best elements from both TES3 and 4 and add a lot of stuff people always asked about or made mods for like cooking and smithing. I am going to give this one a chance and wait till after release to make my comments on the gameplay. I also really could care less about how great the blessed physics are and graphics. Rag Doll is damned. I would rather have decent gameplay then pretty picture perfect crap any day.

Not so much. It's true that it usually does, but it certainly doesn't have to. You can have complexity and accessibility. Using a recent example, Fallout: New Vegas is incredibly accessible. Pick up a gun, and shoot bullets. You really don't need to know more than that, but if you delve into things like critical hit builds, ammo crafting, explosive ambushes, you're rewarded appropriately. On the flip side, being inaccessible means something like Morrowind. Seeing a cool weapon and picking it up, swinging within range and centered on a target, yet not making contact, with no actual explanation (Not even in the manual) as to why. The vague "You wedged with low skill weapons" doesn't matter because of how poorly the feedback is presented.