Thread: What do you favor: Third-person or first-person in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

What do you favor: Third-person or first-person in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

I prefer 1st person most of the time except maybe if I am running around or want to see my armor from a different view. 3rd person to look at new armor, not for combat or anything else. 3rd person action/adventure/RPG games are a dime a dozen in comparison. What you prefer? I ask the same question to many persons and the majority of person choose 1st person. So what you choose or I can say what do you favor? Please provide me your replies or you’re preferred.

Re: What do you favor: Third-person or first-person in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

I use 3rd for everything! I love watching my guy PWN! Third Person the vast majority of the time. I put effort into my character and so I like to see him, and it suits me more RP-wise to be able to see my character and what he's doing. So I look forward to these improvements in Skyrim. I only use first person occasionally - sometimes in combat or when using bows or something. Even I like 1st person mainly but I do like the option of going into 3rd when I want to.

Re: What do you favor: Third-person or first-person in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

First-person. I go into third-person to make sure he looks good in the armor/clothing I picked out for him. No clue why, considering I never actually see his armor while I'm playing, but I like to know that he'd look cool if I were to decide to view him in third-person for whatever reason. Speaking of which, they better not have the ability to run up the mountains again. There were few things in Oblivion that looked as that did. And some of the Oblivion swimming animations.

I swap between both as I feel. I tended to avoid fighting in TES4 in 3rd person, it looked really silly. It may be much better in TES5 so it may be a case where in an open area with a few guys surrounding me, it’s going to emulate that situational awareness you completely lose with the field of view for 1st person games. 3rd person is always great for making up for loss of peripheral vision. Though I am guessing that the view will probably be more epic in a first person view.

I switch back and forth constantly. I almost always switch to first person for combat and whenever I'm indoors (since the camera tends to do funky things around objects) and I tend to spend more time in third person when I'm travelling, and particularly in open land or on a road, but even with that, I still switch back and forth a lot. I love the scroll wheel camera control and really hope it returns in Skyrim. Add in a key press to shift the view from side to side and lock it to that line (so that scrolling in and out would move the viewpoint back and forth between first person and whatever third person point is preferred) and it'd be about perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I would say 90% first-person. Third-person is fun for admiring your character and sometimes for wandering around in the countryside and getting those nice panoramic views of the game world. I always found that searching for alchemy ingredients and all that stuff is a lot easier in first-person so it just makes sense to spend most of the game playing from that perspective. In Oblivion- opening the menu gave me a third-person look at my armor and such, so technically speaking I never actually used third in the game itself.

I like both, as long as they are well designed. However if both viewpoints control well, I prefer a 3rd person view if the 1st person doesn't let me look down and see my feet. A lame preference/obsession of mine. It always irks me a bit when I look down and realize. I am just a floating pair of arms with a gun. Not a deal breaker, just a disappointing part of most FPS games for me. Skyrim looks like it has a great 3rd person setup. So I will probably play around in both and see what I prefer. If I'm really lucky, maybe the 1st person view will have a visible body in it.