Thread: Sims Medieval installation giving errors

Sims Medieval installation giving errors

After re-viewing the previous hit releases of this game, I could not control myself and purchased this game through a local dealer, And here starts my problem the movement I tries to install this on my pc it is giving me a error namely error: data error (cyclic redundancy check). I have no idea what caused this error to happen and why am I not been able to install this in spite of buying a genuine version. Someone please help as I have already paid for this game .

Re: Sims Medieval installation giving errors

I guess you system must not be compatible with the game you are running, I also suggest you to check and see if there requirements are meant by your system before installing it. You need a windows xp sp 2 or a later operating system from windows; none of the Linux version would work here an Intel Pentium 4 or an equivalent system. You need a memory of! GB in the ram and a free space of 6.1 Gb in the hard-disk. Macintosh with an Operating system of Mac OS X 10.5.7 leopard would be great.SO just go trhough your configuration.

I have already gone through, thanks for the advice hopefully next time I would keep that in mind before buying any game. But this time I was lucky enough to buy an compatible one , My whole system is totally compatible with it. I get an error in the file named Gamedata/Shared/Packages/SASFullBuild0.package initially it works fine but then it starts giving an error in the above folder and then terminates giving an cyclic error.

I suggest you to clean your computer uninstall all your useless application and then start with a fresh installation of this with a fresh copy of this .But do remember to re-start your pc to tell the chip that the changes that have been taken place have been saved. And also check if there are any scratches in the disk by cleaning it properly and then putting it back inside the DVD player. Post back with your answer and tell me if you need some more help regarding it .

I had the same problem, I mean it‘s not just me you is having the problem but a hell lot of people having the same problem so I guess there should not a be problem with that, SO I contacted there service center number printed at the back of the DVD and then instead game a free coupon to download then game from online. So I did the same and I was shocked that it just worked out for me. I guess there is a problem with the DVD‘s that are released.

I mean I had the same problem on my laptop and it did stop on the same location giving the same CRC error. On the other hand desktop computer that I am using in no way arrive at that point it stopped on file SASFullBuild2.package and gave me the CRC error. So the problem is simple there are previous installation that are giving it a problem. What I did is installed a CCleaner latest version and then ran a registry cleaner. These erased all the files that were used previously and are not used know . I hope that will help all those who are having a problem.

Thanks for all the post that you gave me, I never even in my wildest dream have though that I would ever complete the installation for this sims game , But , with the help and support for you guys it was made possible . I truly thanks all of you from my bottom of my heart for the for all the support and replies that you gave me