Thread: I have issue with the launching issue of Counter-strike Source

I have issue with the launching issue of Counter-strike Source

Hello friends I hope so all things are working fine for all of you but am not fine, that is why I am here to sort out my problem. I am a diehard fan of counter strike and I am playing it from 5-6 years. And I have switched it to counterstrike source and it was working very much fine for me. But recently i.e two days back I had installed the Bitdefender and since then I am not able to play it on lan. So any one can figure out what the exact matter can be? And what should I do so that the problem gets solved.

Re: I have issue with the launching issue of Counter-strike Source

You need disable the modules so that it can work for you.
     First of all open BD that to in the expert view
     Click on to the advanced setting button of the Antivirus tab
     In this disable the AVC and IDS
    Then check if it works or not because it worked for me .Good luck

Yes the above solution is correct to some extend but it does not work for all and if the above stuff does not work for you then , you should again go to the antivirus tab and over there you should deactivate the real time protection for around 25 min and then see whether the problem is solved or not. Also disable the firewall and try. If the problem is solved, and then enjoy the game and after playing make the setting as it was earlier so that virus does not infect your computer.

Yes this is the most common issue everyone is facing with the Bitdefender Antivirus. This antivirus is very much sensitive and very much strict to give you the complete protection. Before doing the above setting you should try out this thing so that it would be less head ache, if it successes than you can enjoy the game easily. But very few must know this but you can do this thing also to play the game. Right click on the icon of the BD and switch on the Game mode. If the issue is solved than no need to disable the module.

Hello friends! I think this antivirus is too much strict and needs to reduce its strictness. In my case also installing the Bitdefender prevented me to do many things and one of them was playing the CSS.I came to know it’s the BD issue because when I uninstalled the BD the CSS worked fine but it refused to work when I am installing the Bitdefender. Thanks guys I did the above trick and now everything is working fine for me.

Hello Counter Strike Source fans and experts and also hello to all those who are visiting this thread. I was also struggling with the same issue when I came to this thread, my Bitdefender was preventing me to play the game. I tried out the above settings but still I am where I was. I means above thing did not work for me, mine one of the good friend told me to add exclusion into the antivirus. So it don’t know how to do that do any one of you know what to do.

Your problem will be solved by just adding a rule to the exclusion of the antivirus. For that you have to follow the following steps:
     First click on the antivirus tab
     Then click on the advanced setting
     Then click on the Exclusions Tab
     Then click on small + button
     After that you need to locate and after that select this path i.e C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\%steam user%\counter-strike source\hl2.exe
     After that you have to click on the ok button
     Finally close on the antivirus and you can run the CSS.