Thread: The elder Scrolls: Dagoth is an evil?

The elder Scrolls: Dagoth is an evil?

Forgive me if this topic has been done to death, I'm sure it has. May be fun. Now as i understand it, Dagoth wanted to cast down the Tribunal and kick all the outlandish from Morrowind,correct yes. I honestly don't think this is evil, at all. Do you think him evil? I was making a comparison in that statement. The game question of Dagoth Ur-good/evil is like the real world question of is god real. Both are dependent on people's views and opinions, and will never be fully answered to everyone's satisfaction.

Re: The elder Scrolls: Dagoth is an evil?

Evil is a point of view, and people whom others perceive as being evil rarely if ever see themselves in that light. Voryn Dagoth Ur saw himself as a hero of the Dunmer and their ancient culture, and wanted to drive out what he saw as the dangerous and evil Imperial forces, and to spread his divine "gift", Corprus, to his chosen people. In that light, his goodness or evilness is ambiguous, and depends greatly on one's own point of view and religious or political allegiences.

To put that into perspective, Atmora became too cold for the Nords and some are walking around naked in Solstheim. So Kamal can be cold as hell, if not colder because even the devils freeze in. He sentient, and not just that but intelligent enough to meet Hircine’s standards. He's probably more intelligent than half the Nords on the Island. He's a big, hairy guy dressed in a loincloth lording over an isolated castle inhabited by a bunch of tiny males. Do you really want to know

In human culture, the more intelligent a villain is, the less they are regarded as "monstrous" and the more they begin to be regarded as "sinister". However, Karstaag isn't even villian. He the enemy of the PC enemy, and both were force to fight against their respective wills. in fact, if you play Hircine's side you actually help out Karstaag in the. So to regard him as beastly just based on appearance is quite limited. Like I said, based on merits of intelligence, the so-called "good" Nords are more monstrous then him.

Similarly, you can think yourself the Hero, but when you go turning people into twisted beasts that are identical amongst a class, that is, all Ash ghouls look alike and rob them of their free will, their individuality, and leave only enough that they look as though they're individuals, that Dagoth Gares and Dagoth Odros are separated by things other than their strength and "rank" in the Sixth House. They're not, really. None of Ur's minions had wills of their own, he controlled them all like puppets, hell, he may have been a puppet himself. There's no telling what establishing a connection like his to the Heart of a God who's "dead" but not really dead will do to you.

In general we consider killing evil. If I were to walk up to a man and shoot him in the head that would be an act of evil. However, if public opinion were to change, such as in war, then it would be an act of good. So gunning someone down in everyday life in the middle of the street is evil, but a soldier gunning down an enemy soldier in identical circumstances in the middle of wartime would be good, even honorable.