Thread: Sheogorath in the Elder Scrolls

Sheogorath in the Elder Scrolls

Some of us have had our doubts about Sheogorath's plot in Shivering Isles. Recently started to go a tad off topic in the linked thread about it. Thought I'd move the topic here. I highly doubt that the plot of Shivering Isles as plain as it seems. There are many problems with it. For example, would the CoC really be able to defeat a Daedric Prince, and break the curse of 15 other Princes forever? People really underestimate the power of the Daedra. They're just as powerful as the Aedra. I mean, Dagon was a match for Akatosh. It was mere luck that made him win.

Re: Sheogorath in the Elder Scrolls

The realm is Jyggalag. They are the same thing. To make things easier, think of Jyggalag as more of a "force". This force has its own reality that it can with what it sees fit. What you fight is merely an avatar for the god to interact with you, it is completely unimportant. You cannot banish him from the realm. He IS the realm. Sheogorath is Jyggalag. If he could ever leave the realm, it would cease to exist, with the major lack of power. And it can't be fuelled by anything that doesn't have the power of a GOD.

Haskill is Sheogorath. It makes perfect sense. The Sheogorath we see is either a Daedra that thinks he's Sheogorath, or a man that thinks he's Sheogorath. Haskill has played you into insanity. You have fallen victim to insanity. You are huddled in a corner with the belief that you are Shegorath. It may be a tad confusing, but everything inside the realm is Sheogorath. Everything, other than the mortals who have entered. But, certain creatures will have their own minds planted into them. Golden Saints, Dark Seducers, they all have their own personalities.

Think it adds a bunch of them and deteriorates the entire point of the story. Why would there be an effort to show parallels between Sheogorath-Jyggalag and Lorkhan-Alduin if Haskill is actually Sheogorath and not affected by any of it? It defeats the purpose and undermines the story. Haskill is Sheogorath's servant, and we're never given any evidence or any indication to think otherwise. It's just a wild assumption. In this situation, I have to invoke Occam's razor.

I'm not saying that Sheogorath isn't Jyggalag, or that the Greymarch didn't happen, but the CoC defiantly shouldn't be Sheogorath. And I believe this time it's different. IF the player is in fact Sheogorath, he wouldn't inherit the curse, as Jyggalag had been freed. Personally, I love the Jyggalag-Sheogorath thing. It's a great representation of his insanity. And I mean plot holes such as how the player managed to kill a Daedric Prince in his own realm. It was all just a sham by Haskill.

The Greymarch has been stopped before. Jyggalag was temporarily freed from Sheogorath before. A mortal became Sheogorath before. We have no reason to think the ultimate outcome will be any different: the CoC will inherit the curse and will be the Sheogorath-cage of Jyggalag. The CoC did not kill a Daedric Prince in his own realm. The CoC defeated an avatar of Jyggalag in Sheogorath's realm. The Nerevarine defeated the avatar of Hircine, so it's not at all far-fetched.

Are you familiar with the relationship between Lorkhan/Akatosh? It's pretty much the same thing. They're kind of the same entity, but they aren't. Two sides of the same coin isn't an accurate description. They're the Rebel and the King. Sure, it was Jyggalag's realm too, but Sheogorath had control over it. It was styled entirely as his realm. "A Daedric Prince in his own realm" isn't a fair description, as it implies that Jyggalag was fully in control of how the realm was, which he clearly wasn't, but was in the process of reclaiming it.