Thread: No greaves in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

No greaves in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

I was watching the new footage and stopping it every millisecond on the items menu and I noticed that with both the Elven and Iron armor sets (further down the list) that neither have greaves. But both have Elven Armor and Iron Armor as item pieces. Is this just coincidence or does it means we do not have separate greaves and cuirass anymore? I certainly hope not, massive sad face. Anyone have any more idea on this?

Re: No greaves in The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Greaves are a must, as I always mix regular clothing with armor, for instance leather greaves with a green tunic. I don't want to be forced to either wear full leather armor or a green dress (I play as female) I believe some people with far better eyesight than myself apparently, concluded that there are "Greaves", right below the Iron Helmet, there is "Iron Greaves". I can't see it, but considering you can actually see the greaves model on the PC.

Yes the icon of the robe did not show the bottom, I and other found this strange, worse the cuirass was named armor. However someone made a screenshot of the Elven armor in 3d view and it showed the lower part of the armor but no attached greaves at the same time we saw more of the bottom of the armor than we saw of the robe. Most plausible explanation is that he had not found greaves up till now.

The demo was made up by Todd to just show us that the game would be like. A lot of things were partly finished or put into the game just for the gameplay. No name bows/ only parts of armor and weps, etc the character he used had what looked like low level stuff but he was using high level powers. Everyone needs to stop complaining about it and take it for what it was a demo for us to see part of the new Skyrim world and nothing more. There are countless threads about stuff not being right or missing and it has become quite annoying. The GAMEPLAY was only half made or just not programmed right yet.

This shield doesn't seem to be equipped, and unlike the equipped shield, this one isn't "Banded". Stuff seems to be in alphabetic order. And I'm very sure, it starts with "Iron Sh" and ends with "ld"; the rest is too blurry for me. Considering that REAL "greaves" are actually worn on your shins, not on your thighs (where you would "normally" wear cuisses), the whole question is kind of strange. Maybe Bethesda will fix the screwy naming conventions for the armor this time, and have a separate cuirass on your torso, cuisses on your thighs, and greaves on your shins where they belong.

Well, that's tantamount to confirmation there if you're 100% sure. We know he's got "Greaves" equipped, but if they aren't in the inventory. So I guess 2 copies already lost. That always bugged me too. But arguing semantics doesn't really go anywhere, language is too fickle. Had the original designer of Leg armor been high (Or not high, we don't know) they might have been called "Fragglombermogs", and we'd be none the wiser.

Maybe the greaves are not named simply "Iron Greaves?" Like the "Banded Iron Shield" shown on top and the regular "Iron Shield" we barely caught a glimpse of, perhaps the greaves are "something Iron Greaves." I am attempting to be hopeful here. Inside I'm just as disappointed and scared of what the true answer might be like everyone else, because I could see the stubby and deformed looking greaves on the Elven armor plain as day. And I really don't want that to be true.