Thread: The Dark Brotherhood and Mephala in Elder scrolls

The Dark Brotherhood and Mephala in Elder scrolls

From the context it should have said The Dark Brotherhood continues, as we know, to worship Sithis as the first paragraph discusses the Morag Tong, the Second the Dark Brotherhood. The following lines in the second paragraph also discuss how the Dark Brotherhood is actually is a religious organization worshiping Sithis despite not being considered as such. Any ways does anyone have any information regarding the same then please reply on the same

Re: The Dark Brotherhood and Mephala in Elder scrolls

It can also be Morag Tong continues, as we know, to worship Mephala as a counter point to his own idea that they gave up her worship, but that seems to be a bit out of place. The answer to who the Night Mother is, Mepahala or a Mortal, is probably both. Just about the only permutation that can explain the existence of doubts about her background and takes the origins of the Dark Brotherhood in the Mephala worshiping Morag Tong into account.

Forgive me if I seem harsh, but your argument doesn't pan out because you forgot something very important the Dark Brotherhood itself is frowned upon. In fact, their existence breaks the laws of the Empire. They're supposed to be hunted and brought to justice. Why would they give a about what the Empire thinks about them worshipping Mephala when worshipping someone else wouldn't make a darn bit of difference. In my opinion, the only reason there are differences in Morrowind and Oblivion is because the dev team didn't do a good job panning out the DB in Oblivion.

Frowned upon? They aren't really. They're useful. They don't give a date I don't think, but the book on them says, In a remarkable synchronicity at a time when the Arena was a fractured land, the Morag Tong was outlawed throughout the continent. Every sovereign gave the cult's elimination his highest priority. Nothing more was officially heard of them for a hundred years. Then of course the organization is off the radar, and they reappear as the Dark Brotherhood in the second era.

It is my opinion It doesn’t have to be right, and maybe I'm wrong, that's just what I think, and I'm not forcing anyone else to think it. I take no offense in your reply, I enjoy collective criticism. But next time notice the My Opinion in my post. I put it a lot, because I know I may be wrong, and feel free at anytime to correct me. I'm here to learn more, not to try and show everyone up. That's just a bunch of childish bull . So thanks for opinion, no it wasn't harsh, and try not to bash the dev team, they kind of created the game, faulty or not. You wouldn't be posting in this lore had they not.

This is Mephala we're talking about. The Prince of Plots the one that sends you to a peaceful hamlet of nords and dunmer to ferment animosity between them that didn't exist before for his own entertainment. She could have planned to be killed all along by her own followers as part of the whole scheme to have both his little bands of beloved followers murders each other. Daedra also take whatever physical form they wish, seeing that they are, at the core, abstract entities. If he wanted, she could take the form of a dead old crone.

We are in business! Then the Colovian Emperor Potentate Savirien-Chorak and every one of his heirs were murdered on one bloody night in Sun's Dawn in 430. We find out later that Savirien-Chorak was the son of Versidue-Shaie, making him at least older. Interesting to know the snakes can live so long. That is unless they like taking the names of previous rulers without adding numbers behind them, which is inconvenient.