Thread: Who is Nerevar in TES?

Who is Nerevar in TES?

The tales tell many Different things behind the True Nerevarine..But what really happened to him. Did he really make a journey to Akavir and never returned? Or did he get killed at Red Mountain by the House indoril for his beliefs? And what he was trying to do? There are so many different things behind the Nerevarine. The Ashland tribes believe he was married to Almalexia but she soon killed him in order to summon Azura. What really happened? I mainly focused on the first if he traveled to Akavir and never returned. The third belief i know for a fact he was not killed by Almalexia just to summon Azura. But which really happened? i would like to know.

Re: Who is Nerevar in TES?

I don't know where the "killed by Almalexia to summon Azura" thing comes from. But for the rest, Ashlanders and the Tribunal Temple believe Nerevar was married to Almalexia. I think she even aknowledges that in game dialogue. There are two versions about Nerevar's death Ashlanders and Dissident Priests believe he was murdered by Almsivi (the trio of gods consisting of Almalexia, Sotha Sil and Vivec because Nerevar was against the idea of becoming gods because they had swore to Azura that they would not do it. The Tribunal Temple, which has the official version generally accepted by in-game historians, claims Nerevar died from his wounds after going to war.

Oh so the original Nerevar does not exist anymore? there are two different ones? I thought nerevar and nerevarine were the same. Just nerevar was a shorter version in saying nerevarine. Thanks. And..i wonder why the NEW nerevarine who was said to be a reincarnate of nerevar,i wonder why he went to Akavir and never returned..Perhaps in elder scrolls V you play as the Nerevarine from Morrowind only you create him however you want and you play in Akavir and you as Nerevarine have to complete some task there maybe.

Maybe he/she travelled to Solstheim, but was killed by the Frost Giant, causing the player to get bored and stop playing? Maybe he/she went to Cyrodiil and was arrested for stealing a horse, then was busted out of prison by the Emperor and then stole another horse because he/she didn't realise it counted as theft and then joined the Thieve's Guild and saved the world later? Maybe he/she really did go to Akavir, because the player never played Morrowind and was introduced to the series by Oblivion?

Well, they kind of had to have him leave for some other place; otherwise everybody would be asking the question of why he/she wasn't dealing with all the Daedra instead of the CoC. As for the future of the Nerevarine, who knows? The simplest explanation would be that he dies in or on his way to Akavir, but that's boring and therefore wrong. Maybe he'll return as a military leader or spiritual being of some sort I'd go with the latter because it would give you a reason to give the Nerevarine a body that might look different from the PC you played as.

Falmer didn't exist at all? did I say that I guess no and also its quite clear we that we have evidence indicating their bodily condition during the time that fall of the snow prince was written. The fact that there is no evidence indicating a mundane or divine transformation into the reiklings does not also mean your hypothesis is any more truthful. Potentials future retcons and additions should not be factored in, as they are purely speculation. Also, its spelled lore. You must realize that the only information suggesting your position is a demonization of their ancient enemies by the nords.