Thread: The elder Scrolls: What is the mystery behind the Khajiits Origins?

The elder Scrolls: What is the mystery behind the Khajiits Origins?

I am a bit curious about the orgins of the Khajiit. According to the Words of the Clan Mother the Khajiit believed that they were once Aldmer, and by the blessing of Azura they became the feline race we know today. This would also explain why the Ohmes subspecies of Khajiit look alot like the Bosmer. But when Topal the Pilot explored Tamriel before Aldmer settled down there he discovered Cat-Demons ran by the Niben River when he was sailing down it. Could these Cat-Demons be the Khajiit? If that is the case that means that the Khajiit are not elves but in fact aboriginals of Tamriel. Even the Timeline of the Merithic era says that the Khajiit settled in Tamriel before the elves.

Re: The elder Scrolls: What is the mystery behind the Khajiits Origins?

In the unstable chaos of Nirns creation, before the Khajiit existed, there were Forrest People. These forest people were trapped in a form between people and plants. Azura took some of them and made them Khajiit. Later on as the creation of Mundus progressed Y'ffre died and became an Earthbone. By doing this he stabilized an aspect of the world and the Forrest people were no longer trapped between man and plant but were Elves, the Aldmer. So both the Khajiit and the Aldmer and presumably everything and everybody else once were the Forrest People.

There have been a few different incarnations of the Khajiit in the various games. Rather than simply retconning all their appearances this was used as a basis to create their sixteen variations. Well that and Azura probebly thought that the Ohmes form was a useful form. This doesn't have anything to do with the straight legs in Oblivion though, that's just because there was no budget for angled legs and because people for some reason don't like limitations - not being able to wear boots.

I thought I read that the Khajiit originated on Tamriel and are the only true denizens of it, although probably the Argonians too but I'm not sure as I mostly read lore of the Khajiit and Akavir. But yeah I'm almost certain that they evolved from the great desert cats of Tamriel. So it's safe to say that there are many ideas about what life is native to where but I do know that I think they are the actually Tamriel born and made being while most others are just imports.

There is no outside of time in the Dawn, rather every spirit with power, and some half dying, had the ability to control the events in time. Like some ones dream becoming a reality. From all the stories it seems that everybody experienced the dawn differently. After the convention all those different sequences of events got thrown together and patched up placing people who believed their ancestors are the Tree-People next to the people who believe they were the off-spring of the gods.

But the Wild Hunt sounds very Hircine-like, as are the terms used by the daedric hunters. Just because he's not directly involved doesn't mean that he isn't connected. And being sporting is not Mehrunes Dagon's forte. But I'm just trying to point out the possibility of connection. I'm not saying it's for sure, but it seems far from impossible. Funny you should defend coincidences, given how many times you put so much effort into disproving me on this forum.

The Story of Topal is interesting but considering it mentions Orcs in High Rock and the Innersea of Morrowind -both which came around only much later- I don't think Topals poem is an authentic record but rather a fictional "travelers' tale" from a much later period. So I was hoping that you guys at the Lore forum would shed some light on the Origins of the Khajiit. Are they really elves or the aboriginals of Tamriel

Aldmeris and Old Elnofey are roughly the same. The place of origins for the Aldmer. The origins of Wanderers are bit more problematic because the Altmer see them as degenerate cast outs while the Anuad thinks of them as hardened invaders. Neither readily compatible with the idea those mortals were the off-spring of the gods or created by them. Though I'm sure that can be worked out.