Thread: Getting $2 worth of value on a $10 item for Fallout: New Vegas Dead Money DLC

Getting $2 worth of value on a $10 item for Fallout: New Vegas Dead Money DLC

Which I felt to be a solid length DLC with a good sturdy story behind it and plenty of action [though a lot of it was in spurts] I felt completely japed paying the same price for Honest Hearts. I downloaded Honest Hearts Tuesday night before going to bed and started it the next day at 2:30pm played till 3:30pm and when I jumped back on after work at 9:00pm I found I was on the final quest stage. By the end of the night I had gotten through the entire DLC twice [to get both of the ending achievements]. My Fallout IV timer on Steam read 33 hours before booting up, it now reads 36 hours, some of which was spent talking on Steam IM. Frankly, having enjoyed Dead Money so much and getting $2 worth of value on a $10 item I've learned my lesson and will have to wait before purchasing the next 2 packs to see reviews from players on length.

Re: Getting $2 worth of value on a $10 item for Fallout: New Vegas Dead Money DLC

Here I must say something. All a matter of perspective and personal opinion I guess. The majority of players loved the DLC, as did I. Though IMHO it's the depth, the story, and the replayability that makes me think that its 10$ well spent. Then again, this is just my opinion and I am in no way trying to denounce yours. To each their own. Sorry to hear you were disappointed though. It was worth my $10 bucks, but each to their own.

Re: Getting $2 worth of value on a $10 item for Fallout: New Vegas Dead Money DLC

If Obsidian didn’t meet your expectation, but it’s not a mistake a DLC that just one people might not like it. I literally just finished it right now, and I started playing on Tuesday. Not sure of my exact time, but it was no less than 5 hours on normal, Hardcore; and it was definitely worth my $10. Granted, I found every location, most unique items, did every quest and exhausted every dialogue branch, but overall I thought it was excellent. It was right up there with Point Lookout for me.

I played the DLC on Hardcore - I did every quest and most of my time was spend reloading my save in the beginning over and over trying to save my party before realizing it was a wasted attempt. The main story consisted of "Find us" - "Get Stuff from almost unguarded locations" 0 "makes a 2-part decision like in the last dlc". Don't get me wrong; I thought the story was pretty cool but that it could have been worked out to have more meat on the bones if you get what I'm saying and that I get more playtime on the $5 indie games I buy off steam, and I usually get bored of those real quick.

Even if its five hours long, it’s at a standstill set in probably one of the most beautiful and awe-inspiring locations of any video game ever. I freaking love the views from atop some of the cliffs and Vistas, Obsidian got Zion right on nearly every level minus a few little out of place locations but that's just me being nit-picky with the fact I live within an hour of Zion. Let's not forget that 80% of the game market today consists of 60 dollar games that last for the same amount of time as Honest Hearts which is only 10 dollars. Seriously why are you complaining about the length of a 10 dollar product when there are 60 dollar products of equal or less length?

I don't feel I got my full dollar value based off the fact that a game from early 2000 called "The Bouncer" could be completed in 45 minutes without rushing? No! I base my value decision based off what I expect from a game and its company. After getting 25 hours worth of time from Fallout IV a $50 game and knowing I still haven't even touched most of its content (knowing I Have plenty to go) and having spent another good 7-8 hours on Dead Money a $10 add-on to the game I expect to receive similar gameplay times from additional updates of equal value.

There's dissimilarity between basing, in your opinion, the value of what you expect, and basing the value of what you want. It's Add-On content. There is no set length for DLC. You get what you pay for, an extension of a game in different areas. I could understand if you were basing this because of a shoddy story that seemed like it was thrown together last minute and was short, but you're basing the value of the DLC just on length? Do you even consider the other factors?

I'm basing it off of the value I got out of the original DLC for the game and its price point and the value I got out of this game and the price point. What other factors are there other than length? The items/quests/stories/characters are all built into the length of the DLC. What did I get out of this DLC other than 3 level-ups, 2 1/2 hours of gameplay and a host of weapons I put in a locker in Colonel Tigh's house because they will never see use.